Shipmate

The next morning liv had woken up to the boys groaning that they didn't want to get up.
Rolling her eyes she swung her legs out of bed and stretched her arms above her head, once hearing a click she relaxed as she put her feet in her boots and tired them up.
The event's of last night hit her and she looked down at her hand to see the ring her brothers had given her. Sighing she smiled down at it, this could be the last gift she gets from her family, and it could of been the last time she'd see her brothers, it was a thought that did scar Liv, her family meant a lot to her,
Especially her brothers.
"How you feeling Liv?" She looked up at chucks voice and nodded her head. Chuck could see she wasn't fully ok, he knew it was to do with last night and having to say goodbye to her brothers.
"Well you know where I am if you want to talk" she smiled at him and nodded her head again.
Today was not the day to get all sentimental and cry over her family, today they were boarding the navy ship that was taking them to England.
They weren't needed on the ship till the afternoon so most of the company had decided to go and see some of New York before being stuck in a ship on the ocean for 2 weeks.

Liv had decided to join Tab and Chuck out in the city for the morning, they had all been given there pay and she wanted to go buy herself something really nice to eat as she was sick of army food.
The three of them set off from where they were staying and Liv had her arm in Floyd's as he was telling her about his sister back home.
Chuck was butting in ever so often while making a joke about Floyd but it was all fun and games.
"Where do you want to go first?" Chuck asked as they walked past a couple of shops. Liv looked at them both and then grinned, Floyd raised his eyebrows and she laughed.
"Well I don't know about you boys but I'm wanting something other then oats and soggy bread to eat" the two boys laughed and nodded.
"You have a point there Liv" with that being said liv dragged Floyd and Chuck to a lovely little cafe and they sat outside as it was a nice day.
While all three of them chatted away while eating, something court liv's eye.
She looked past Floyd who was sat in front of her and she saw a photo shop, it reminded her of the photos bill took last night of her and her brothers.
"Are you listening to me?" Floyd asked as he nudged her under the table with his foot.
"Huh what?" Chuck laughed and carried on eating.
"What are you looking at?" Floyd asked while turning around to see what Liv was looking at.
She shock her head, "oh it was just a photo shop, I should of brought my camera and printed the photos from last night" Chuck grinned down at his food as Floyd gave her a smile.
"Well I'm sure we can find somewhere else along the way?" Liv nodded along even though she didn't really take in what Floyd said.
"Alright well let's go shopping" Chuck said as they paid for the food and he grabbed liv's hand.
They spent the rest of the morning walking and taking photos on Floyd's camera that he brought from a shop, Liv wanted to remember everything and Floyd took it upon himself to get another camera and get photos.
Little did Liv know but Floyd was going to get them printed for Liv as well as the ones from last night, he had given the camera to bill and asked him to print them for her while him and Chuck took her around the city, he agreed happily and made it his mission to get them all done and ready before leaving on the ship this afternoon.

//

Once liv got back to the barrack they were staying in she went straight to her bed to lay down, she wanted to get some rest before they board the ship at 3:30.
She also wanted some time to think over last night and to be by herself for a little.
George and Bill watched liv walk in and dump herself on her bed and go to sleep.
They both looked at each other and nodded. It was time to make up liv's surprise. They hadn't just gotten her the photos, they had gone out of there way to give her things that mean something to her.
While Liv slept Bill and George got a box filled with everything they were going to give her and placed it at the end of her bed for when she woke up, now it was the waiting game.

Liv woke up after two hours of sleep, it was now 2:30 in the afternoon, they didn't have much time till they all needed to start boarding the ship. Sitting up in her small bed she yawned and stretched her arms about her head before relaxing.
Looking around the room she sure most the guys were sat on there beds or laying down smoking, she smiled at George who was beside her, as Liv looked to the front of her bed she saw a cream box sat at the end of it, confused she grabbed it and saw it said 'from Easy company' in black letters. Looking up she locked eyes with half the room and she laughed.
"What's this?" She asked while turning to Bill who sat up in his bed.
"Just open it and you'll find out sweetheart" rolling her eyes liv opened the box and saw photo's, picking them up she saw they were the photos from the night before, putting a hand over her mouth she looked up at bill who had a smirk on his face.
As she moved the box off her lap and put it next to her she started to go through the photos's, she couldn't believe they had gone and gotten the photos printed for her.
"Bill how? When?" He chuckled and winked at her.
"A man never tells sweets" laughing she got up and hugged him. After pulling away she went back to the box and looked back into it so see what else was in it.
As Liv looked inside she froze and looked back up at bill and the then at George, they both just wore smirks on there faces.
Liv felt tears forming in her eyes, looking back down she took some of the items out.
The two things she pulled out were from her brothers.
Elliots Lucky Pin that he always wore that she always wanted as a kid, and Quinn's Necklace he's had since he was a child, as a baby she used to play with it when Quinn carried her around and ever since then she's just loved it.
"They thought you should have them Liv, you know- just in case anything happens to them" George said while sitting down next to her.
She looked up and George and smiled.
"God I hate them" she whispered which coursed a couple of laughs from the boys who were watching.
"I can't believe they gave me theses" Liv pinned the pin on the inside of her jacket so nobody could see it and put the necklace around her neck.
After George had helped her clip the necklace on Floyd came over with a small bag in his hands. Liv raised an eyebrow at him and he just rolled his eyes while placing it in her lap.
"Because I know you love to make memories Liv" without another word Liv took the bag and opened it to see all the photos from today, she looked up at Floyd and groaned while getting up.
"Your all wanting to make me cry aren't you" Floyd laughed and hugged her back just as hard as she hugged him.
"Keeping you on your toes" she hummed in response while sitting back down and looking through the photos.  Before she even got to have a proper look Sargent Lipton came in.
"Alright fellas and Liv, you have half an hour till we need to be on the ship, pack your shit and get going" everyone started packing up there stuff and getting dressed properly. Liv just sat there looking at a photo she adored so much. It was of her Quinn and Elliot just before they left. A tear slipped out of her eye and she wiped it away.
"Liv come on we don't want to be late"
"Uh huh I'm right on it" she whispered.
It was now time to start the next chapter in her life. And that was the war.
//

The walk to the ship was long and tiring, but it wasn't anything easy company couldn't handle, they had Sobel for goodness sack, they could get through anything.
Once easy started there way up to the ramp to the ship door it all started to become a little more real for them.
Liv grabbed George's hand and held it tight as other boys pushed past her. It was going to be a very tight fit down there, she knew that for sure.
Once Liv and the most of the boys were on they made there way down to the belly of the ship to put there bags on a bed before going onto the deck of the ship to watch them sail away from home and away from safety.

Standing on the deck watching families wave goodbye to there husbands, brothers,sons,and boyfriends was probably the hardest thing for Liv to watch, she only wished her family were among the crowd to wave her off, she may never see them again, and she knew she'd have to live with that till the day she died, no matter when that may be.
As Liv looked out to the crowd her eyes scanned the people, she felt a tapping on her shoulder and looked to Chuck who was behind her with a cigarette hanging from his mouth.
"What Chuck?" She yelled over the noise. He pointed out to the crowd and Liv turned to see where he was pointing.
Eyes scanning until Chuck forced her head in a different direction to where she was looking, her eyes landed on a sign that said 'We Love You Liv!'
Looking back at Chuck he smiled and nodded for her to look out again.
As she looked out at the sigh again she saw her mother and father stood there waving at her, a hand went over her mouth as she shut her eyes.
Her parents were here, they were here to say goodbye.
Opening her eyes again she looked at them and saw them jumping up and down, she had seen them.
Liv climbed onto the railing of the boat and felt two sets of hands hold her up as she waved to her parents with tears streaming down her face.
The boys around her looked on at there girl waving goodbye to her parents for what could be the last time, some of them had tears in there eyes for Liv, some just held small smiles towards her, but Liv-
She had the biggest smile on her face as she made eye contact with her father, he blown her a kiss to which she court and put it in her pocket.
The boys of easy were in aw of her. They could see how much Liv loved her family and how much she meant to them, looking at each other they all knew that when the time came they would be saving Liv Over themselves no matter what, she needed to come home to her family, they weren't going to let themselves slack off out there.
They were going to protect Liv with everything they had.