6, Off To Work

AURORA

Sitting on the couch, I was in my own little world – still in shock from my little punishment, so it surprised me when the couch cushion sank, and he gently pulled my body back into his warm loving arms. "Hush princess. You're okay. I got you." His words serenaded me, drowning me into his ocean of warm flesh.

"It hurts - Chance." I my voice is strangled with emotion. Latching onto his shirt clenching it between my fingers in a fist.

My eyes meet his and at first, I feel soothed, the kindness in his expression almost put a smile on my face – almost. But as I adjusted my position in his embrace this new glow in his eyes scared the hell out of me. I felt the innate reflex to run.

It was as if he could read my mind, or my body language because just as I was about to flinch from his touch, he placed me in a bear hug. Holding me place, but not aggressively. His arms made it feel like, he feared the loss of me – of my emotional presence not just physical.

"I know, Aurora, I know. It gets better - I promise." I ease into a firm squeeze.

"Don't do that! You're making me think you actually care for me. You don't - do you? I'm just here for you to have sex with, to suck you off, to release the stress, to clean the house, to cook, I'm not here for anything else. Why're you acting like I am Chance. Why'd you buy me in the first place? Why couldn't you just have left me there? Why couldn't you just let me go?"

"Because you deserve a life, poca luce (little light). We're going to give that to you. But it all comes in time." Chance spoke softly but with grit as he rubbed my back.

With puffy, red eyes and a snore nose from the constant wiping, I sniff my tears away – again. I raise my head – look him dead straight in the eyes, this time no hesitation – I have had enough of these games. And what I saw – jolted me back to reality. looking up at him with my puppy dog eyes.

"This isn't what I'd call a life." I pouted because I wanted more. At least, I wanted some kind of certainty that this – this life of servitude would be all that I was meant to do.

"I said it'll come in time. Not right away. Not anytime soon."

"Why's he so hard on me, then?"

"Who? Lucien?" I nod softly, looking away from his jarring eyes.

"Let's just say he's been through a lot."
"Oh." I mutter. That's no excuse. I keep that snap to myself.

LUCIEN

By the time I wake up – I'm alone. No Chance, no Aurora – nothing but the darkness of the room and my breathing fills the emptiness. My mind is wracked with hyperbole of what those two could be up to. Pushing myself up, I head to the bathroom to get dressed. I throw on a maroon hoodie that hugs my muscles in all the right places and low-slung grey sweats.

Chance enters the room as I exit the walk-in closet. He is sitting on the bed with one leg over the other. "Where's the small ray of sunshine?"

Chance lets out a hearty laugh. "She's downstairs. Eating breakfast."

"Oh." I pull on one sock at time – about to turn the knob to the bedroom door when Chance speaks up.

"Look. We need to talk." I stand there, face to the door – not waiting to have the conversation  with my little brother, but I see no way out of it.