10, Daddy's Girl

CHANCE

I recognized something familiar to mine and Luc's. Her walls will be difficult to break down. Just when I think we chipped away at a layer, she builds up four more. It's hard to fathom, but she's a better constructor of walls than I am.

Aurora doesn't know that I'm fucked up—in the head. She doesn't need to fucking know either. It'll just scare her more.

My demons unleashed on her last night. It scared the shit out of me when I got the control back from them. "She doesn't know, does she?" Lucien questions as he toys with his breakfast, he eats when Aurora comes downstairs.

"No. And I don't fucking plan on telling her. It'll just scare her pretty ass even more. We can't have that. We can't have her trying to run away aga-"

"What?? She tried to run away!?" Lucien abruptly yanks himself off the barstool, slamming his fists down onto the kitchen island where we're eating. Almost cracking the marble and fracturing his hand.

I gulp registering what I said. "Shit, man..."

"Explain. Now!" He grits out through clenched teeth. Oh, fuck me. "Chance!! Speak!"

"Well... remember when I said she got sassy with me and I showed her who's boss? Well, that was p-partly true..."

"Chance." He grits out, applying pressure with his index finger and thumb on either side of the bridge of his nose.

"I caught her the other day when it was raining— yesterday actually... she was at the gate trying to get out. I yelled for her and she came right inside like a lost puppy. Don't worry about it. I gave her what she deserved. Look at her ass Luc, it's bruised with my prints."

"As she should be. Just wait till I get her little ass in my hands. She's done for-"

"Lucien. I said I dealt with it okay. Please just drop this. I don't want her finding out I broke my promise to her."

"And what was your promise?" He rubbed his forehead in frustration. "That wasn't your promise to make."

"I can't tell you. I don't want to break her trust further, Luc. God she's amazing. I don't ever want to let her go... I need her to be mine. Forever."

"You broke your promise?" I snap my head to Aurora, who's cowering behind the door leading to the kitchen.

"Shit, baby... I -" I stand up walking to her quickly, but she flinches and backs away as I reached out to cup her face.

"Baby I'm not going to hurt you—"

"You did last night." She motions towards the small scar from my teeth against her belly, she snaps.

I lick my lips nervously, as I press my hand on it gently. "Speaking of that... I'm sorry. I got out of control last night, Aurora. It won't happen again. I promise princess." She whimpers looking down.

"You won't ever let me go... will you Chance?" She tilts her head back, staring up at me with her breath-taking blue glittering eyes.

"I don't think I want to, baby. Fuck, you're incredible. I can't let you go. I've had you for too long." I whisper trailing my thumb over her lips.