Chapter Two

🚶🏾DeShawn at the top or on the side👉🏾

Chapter Two

🌞The Next Day 🌝

DeShawn woke up and checked for the address of the family law firm. He put on some clothes he brought with him and went to his car and drove to the law firm. It was eight o'clock in the morning. He went in. He thought the place had a nice warm family feeling rather than the usual cold cold law firms that he was used to. He saw an adorable little girl sitting at a desk dressed up like a little lawyer.

"Welcome to Reeshes and Fwamily law place. How may me help you?" The little girl says. He read the tag on the desk and it said 'secretary'. DeShawn thought it was pretty irresponsible to have a little girl out here like this while her mother is in the back.

"You're so adorable. Yes you could help me. Is your mommy in the back I need to talk to her about some law stuff," he tells her.

"I'm not adworable bwut you can call me adworable bwecause I like you. Don't twalk down to me either owhkay. Sure. I'll go tell mwy mommy," she says before walking into the room behind her and shutting the door. DeShawn thought that she was a beautiful little girl. When she came back she spoke, "mommy said thwat she will be able to see you in abwout twenty or thirty minutes," Shawn nodded at her and went and sat down. "You look like mwy daddy," DeShawn's eyes widened at this statement.

"I do?" He asked her.

"Yup. He no lwive with us cause he no love mwy mommy and he no love me neither," she told him.

"I'm sure he loves you,"

"He didn't want me when I was in my mommy's tummy," DeShawn felt bad for the little girl.

"Your mommy loves you huh?"

"Mommy loves me a lot but I wish I had a daddy to do daddy daughter stuff. Mommy has a bwoyfriend though. I don't like him,"

"Why?"

"Because mommies only be with daddies. And he's not my daddy. He wants me to call him daddy but I don't cause I gotta daddy and when he comes hwome I don't want him to think I don't love him because I gotta new daddy,"

"You think your daddy will come back?"

"Duh. Daddies always come back to mommies," she said as though it was the simplest thing in the entire world.

"Oh ok,"

"Yeah. You wanna see a pwicture of him?" DeShawn nodded at her and watched as he opened a small child size briefcase and pulled out a picture and handed it to him. DeShawn looked at the picture and almost choked at what he saw. It was a picture of him and Kiahah. It was one of the few pictures they had together. He remembers this picture. They were out of town for her birthday and they went to this party and she begged him for a picture so she could always remember that night. The little girl started pointing at the picture. "This is my daddy. You look like him except he's handsomer," she says pointing at DeShawn in the picture. DeShawn smiled at her comment. "This is my mommy. She's even prettier now," she says pointing at Kiahah in the picture. "I gotta little brother too. You wanna see see a picture of him?" DeShawn nods slowly trying to wrap his head around this. Kiahah aborted their baby. This little girl can't be his. She pulled out a picture of a small baby. DeShawn heart drops to his stomach. She had another baby for another man. Damn. "This is mwy little brother," she says. She grabs her pictures and tells him, "you can go in now," she says smiling sadly.

DeShawn walks in the room as looks at the woman behind the desk. She has her back turned. She isn't built like his Kiahah. She seems thicker.

"Are you going to tell me why you are here or are you going to stare at me all day?" She asked before turning around. Now he didn't need to see her face because her voice gave her away. That's his Kiahah. When she turned around he looked at her and the little girl was right. Kiahah had only gotten more beautiful over the years.