18- love

Author's Note: Um

Author's Note: Um... yeah... I'm sorry XD. **trigger warning** *mentions suicide**

(Dallas Winston POV)

I stand frozen in that silent room, keeping my back turned from Jenna's body that's slumped over in the chair. The gun clicks open as I search for another bullet, but of course there was only one in the gun. River probably knew I might want to kill myself afterwards.

Chucking the gun as hard as I can, it shatters against the wall, then I stomp on the remains of it. I'm just so pissed and so done with everything, I'd destroy this whole building if I could. I see Jenna out of the corner of my eye when I turn around, and my throat closes even more than it already was. A burst of nausea spreads through my body and I double over, practically throwing myself to the floor as I puke again. My stomach clenches and it feels like someone is stabbing me in the stomach.

The door swings open and River surveys the scene, "Damn, you used to have a pretty good stomach when it came to this type of shit... Did you break my fucking gun?"

"I don't care about your fucking gun. I don't care about you anymore. I don't fucking care about anything!" I growl, leaning against the wall so I don't fall over.

"Dallas calm the fuck down! You're free now." River sighs, "You're still my brother, alright? Just- get the hell out of here, alright? Have the life I'll never get." She looks over at Sam who's sitting in the hallway sobbing.

I don't want to hear anything from River anymore, so I try to walk past her, but she grabs my arm. "Hey, make things right with her alright?" she nods towards Sam, "She needs you."

Suddenly she wants to be an actual older sister? She's betrayed me one too many times for that.

I jerk my arm out of her grasp, "Fuck you," I mumble and walk quickly over to Sam.

Standing beside Sam, I watch her cry for a few minutes, with her head resting on her knees. I sit down beside her, leaning my back against the wall and I stare at the ceiling.

I hear River's footsteps go down the hallway and then up the stairs and out of the basement.

"I just killed your best friend. I... I don't know what to say or what to do I was just- I went with my gut. I'm so sorry." My eyes fill with tears and I try to blink them away as I continue staring at the ceiling.

By now Sam's crying had subsided a bit, and she's just trying to calm herself down.

"I should've just listened to you in the first place. I don't know I just- I thought I was doing the right thing for once, by trying to help River. She's fucking messed up, man. I don't know why I didn't see that-" I start, but get cut off.

"Just shut the fuck up Dallas! Shut up! We could've found another way. You didn't have to kill her for us to escape. This is just another one of your excuses- another one of your lies so you can try to make you feel better about yourself! You're not making anything better!" Sam shouts, running her hands through her hair angrily, keeping her eyes to the ground.