Here We Go

Pieck sighed tiredly as she shut the door behind her. It was too obvious to her that Eren wanted to escape. Why else would he want to study something like boats? With a frown, Pieck started walking in the direction of the War Cheif's office.

Pieck liked the guests they had. She hadn't been able to spend a whole lot of time with them, but they seemed nice. She knew all to well that Eldians were fed propaganda; they were built on it. Reiner was a prime example; us eldian devils this, us eldian devils that, we terrible devils. It had been all he ever spoke about. Until they came back from the island, of course. They were all quiet when they came back.

Pieck gently rapped on the door, signaling her presence to Zeke before entering. Magath was also there,seated in the corner of the room. The blonde man spun around in his chair as she opened the door, guiltily snuffing out the cigarette he had been smoking before hand, and cleared his throat. Magath gave a her a short nod of acknowledgement.

"Good morning, Pieck. What can I do for you?"

Pieck layed down on one of the couches on the side of the room with a small sigh.

"Good morning to you as well, War Chief, and Commander. I thought you might like to know about a recent development concerning one of our guests. "

Zeke raised a brow, signaling for her to continue.

"Eren Yeager plans to escape."

Zeke nodded. "I figured he would try to do that at some point. I'll send someone to stop him."

"No, Zeke, you will not."

Pieck and Zeke both turned to look at Magath, who had crossed his arms and somehow looked a bit bigger.

"We will let Eren Yeager try to escape. Pieck, how exactly does he plan on doing this escape of his?"

"He plans to leave by boat. I don't think there is other reason he would have a sudden interest in boats, sir."

Magath stood and turned towards the window. "We will use this as an assessment of the boy and his Titan. I'm sure you all have the knowledge that nothing has been done regarding anything relating to him or Paradis?"

Zeke nodded. "Yes."

"I know the mission was a long one, but not a successful one. We have let them rest for a little over a month. It is time we get more information from them. There are quite a few things they need to explain. They brought us Eren Yeager,a boy who has a Titan, girl as helpless as a kitten, and another girl who doesn't give a damn about almost anything. Do we even know if the boy has the Founder?"

Pieck nodded. "I have tried to get to get Reiner and Bertholdt to talk a little more about it, but they do not wish to speak of Paradis."

Pieck could understand a little of why Reiner and Bertholdt were so hesitant to speak of anything. It was hard on them, and the fact that the mission was kind of a failure didn't help. But she still had no idea what had happened to Annie, or what Krista was doing here.

Zeke nodded. " I'll call them in after they've had lunch. Best to talk about business with a full stomach."

Magath nodded his approval. "Thank you Pieck for bringing Eren Yeagers escape to my knowledge. You may go."

Pieck stood up from her reclined position and stretched. "Yes sir. I'll be seeing you again after lunch."

Pieck exited the room quietly, thinking. Should she go lay down in her room, or be social with Krista? It would be more beneficial to get the girl to talk about Paradis, (not to mention just be able to talk to another girl) but she was also just a bit tired from the mornings activities. It would be nice to sit somewhere comfy. To her room it was.

She started back up the stairs to the Warriors lounge, but not before passing Krista. Pieck could tell that the petite little lady was worried, no doubt about Ymir. Pieck stopped the girl with a small wave.

"Good morning Krista."

Krista's bright blues eyes looked up at her, filled with anxiety.

"Good morning."

Pieck smiled at her. " You look a bit worried. You should definitely go get yourself something to eat, or lay down somewhere comfy. I myself am going to go rest."

Krista shook her head." No, I'm okay. I'm just...worried about Ymir."

Pieck nodded." I had assumed that was what was worrying you. Worry isn't good for your health. I have a weighted blanket you could borrow. It's good for stress."

Krista again shook her head." No, no! That okay, you keep it! I'll just go get some breakfast! Thank you!"

Pieck smiled. "Of course. We have delicious blueberry pancakes."

Krista smiled. " I look forward to them."

And with that, Krista was off.

Pieck smiled. It was nice talking to another girl. But now it was time to focus on that weighted blanket.

.............................................................

Word count. 852

You all can't convince me that Pieck doesn't eat breakfast.