Of Seasickness And Stories

The moment Bertholdt left the room, Eren slowly sat down on the bed. He felt numb. When he had boarded the ship, the people wearing armbands had crowded around them and were congratulating him on obtaining some key, on punishing the island demons. What the hell did they mean?! And that wasn't bothering him half as much as the ship he found himself on. It was huge, and strange. It was made out of metal instead of wood, and he had seen so many bizarre contraptions on the ship he had no idea what to think about it.

Shaking his head,Eren leaned over and tugged off his boots. They were probably the only thing he'd have as a keepsake of his home, other than his key. He layed himself down on the firm bed and stared blankly at the ceiling above him. A few minutes later, he closed his eyes and let blissful blackness take over his senses.

...............................................................................................

A few hours later, Eren woke up to a strange, swaying sensation. He groggily lifted his head from the pillow before registering something else. His green eyes flew wide open as he jumped out of his bed, searching wildly for something he could use. 

Eren caught sight of a nearby bucket and immediately darted over to it, emptying the contents of his upset stomach into it. Why he felt this sick, he didn't know, but he sure as hell didn't like it. When he finished, Eren shakily wiped his mouth on his sleeve and stood. Bertholdt had told him his room was three doors down, right? As much as Eren wanted to avoid the Warriors, he had no choice if he wanted to get by. 

He clumsily stumbled to the door and threw it open, already feeling his stomach start to churn again. For safe measure, Eren clapped his hand over his mouth and stepped out into the the hallway, counting the doors till he found the right one. He then proceeded to throw it open and slam it behind him before slowly sinking to his knees. The nausea was really messing with his strength.

Thank goodness he'd opened the right door. Bertholdt and Ymir were on their knees on either side of Krista, who was clearly having the same problems as Eren, her pretty face hidden by a bucket she was hovering over.

"Eren. I was just about to check on you," said Bertholdt, looking up from the sick blonde. He slid another bucket toward the sick boy, who was now having trouble keeping down the bile in his throat." I guess you're having the same problem as Krista."

Eren then proceeded to once again empty his stomach into the bucket, internally cursing every damn thing he could think of at the moment as the blonde girl lifted her head and groaned, skin tinged slightly grey-green." Is this what it feels like to be pregnant?"

Ymir huffed in amusement." You are asking the wrong people, sweetie."

Krista groaned and sat up, looking at the green eyed giant with big eyes." How come only Eren and I are sick?" she asked with a pout.

Bertholdt fiddled with his hair sheepishly."...Because you two don't have your sea legs yet."

Eren looked up from his bucket to glare feebly at the giant." What the hell is that supposed to mean?..."

"Well...when people spend time on the open sea, their bodies eventually get used to the swaying of the boat. Since you two have never been to sea before...you guys are going to be sick."

"That's helpful. Anything you can give us to make it stop?" Eren growled before bending over his bucket again.

"Yeah, he does, but let me warn you both, it tastes like absolute shit," said Ymir, rubbing Krista's back as she continued to heave. Eren's head snapped up immediately.