Brothers

Eren's head would not stop spinning.

Much like the day before, he had gone to Bertholdt's room to learn about this new world he was being taken to. This time, Ymir and Krista weren't there, leaving Eren alone with the giant. This way, Bertholdt was able to explain everything to him properly, giving him enough room to breathe and sort out the facts. This was how he learned about Marley, Liberio, and the nine Titans. Afterwards, in his room, he couldn't help but realize that all his friends-no, everyone- in Paradis were screwed three times over.

Knock-Knock-Knock.

Eren lifted his head from his pillow and glared at the door. Who the bloody hell was awake and knocking on his door at this time of night?

The person on the other side of the door knocked again, a little more insistently. Eren narrowed his eyes at the door." Who is it, and what do you want?"

The door opened to reveal the one and only Zeke Yeager, calmly standing in the doorway with a strange glint in his eye.

"May I come in?"

Eren scowled at him." Is that really a question you need to ask?"

The bearded man shrugged and stepped through the door, shutting it gently behind him. Then he went and made himself comfortable in a chair by the foot of the bed Eren lay in. Of course, Eren didn't like it one bit. He sat up with a scowl and glared at Zeke.

"What do you want?"

Zeke sighed and scratched his ear." I wanted to talk to you."

"About what?" Eren growled.

Zeke calmly looked into Eren's blue green orbs." I wanted to talk about someone who may have been close to you on the island."

"So you're trying to get information about potential enemies. Fat chance, monkey."

Zeke sighed and scratched at his ear again." I guess it's too much too ask for you to be agreeable. I wanted to know about a certain...doctor."

Eren shut his mouth and continued to glare at the blonde man. He wasn't going to tell this guy anything.

"I imagine he was a great doctor, having vast amounts of medical knowledge." Eren didn't respond. Zeke face palmed himself internally. Bertholdt had been right when he said the boy would be less than agreeable. 

"I think his name was Grisha Yeager, right?"

Eren's face contorted into an expression of confused rage."How the hell do you know about my dad!?"

Zeke sighed." So he is your father?... I thought he might've been after I saw you and heard your name..."

"Cut the crap! How do you know anything about him?!" Eren yelled. This guy was really starting to piss him off. How the hell did he know someone, let alone his dad, inside the Walls? Zeke lifted a finger and pressed them beneath his furry mustache.

"I would rather no one heard us just now, Eren. I wanted to keep this between you and me for now." 

What makes you think I'm going to talk to you? Or keep this a secret?" Eren hissed.

Instead of replying, Zeke reached into his pocket and pulled out a piece of strange paper. He set it down before the young boy to let him see it. Leaning forward, Eren saw that is was some kind of really detailed sketch of a family; a man, his wife, and his young son.

"Who are these people?" Eren asked skeptically, still studying the picture.

"This photograph shows my parents and I, from when I was much younger. But please, take a closer look at the man, would you?"

Eren gave him a glare before returning his gaze to the bizarre picture, looking closely at the man as he was instructed to. The man had straight dark hair neatly parted down the middle, and emerald green eyes....

Eren's own green eyes went wide as he recognized the man's face.

It was a younger version of his own father, Grisha Yeager.

Zeke watched Eren' reaction carefully as the boy looked from Zeke to the  photo.

"What- What the hell is this?! You're his son?!" Eren spluttered, trying to wrap his head around the fact he probably knew next to nothing about his dad.

"Yes. I am Zeke Yeager, and my father was a doctor by the name of Grisha Yeager. I'm guessing that my assumption of him being your father too is correct?"

Eren's shocked silence gave the blonde man his answer.

"I see... That makes us brothers. Or half-brothers, whichever one you prefer," said Zeke, scratching at his ear while watching Eren curiously.

Eren wasn't sure how much more he could take of this. Humans were Titans, Eldians are the humans that turn into Titans, humanity was never wiped out, and now he had a brother from outside the Walls? He'd had enough. His mind was going to tear itself to pieces if it kept getting new information and no time to sort it out.

Eren fixed his cold gaze on his supposed half brother. "Right now, I think I prefer to have no brother."

Zeke nodded, getting the message Eren was sending. He stood up and was at the door in one fluid motion. He opened it and stepped outside, but turned to face Eren before closing the door.

"Eren...these past few days have been hard on you. Get some rest, and when you are ready to talk, come find me. Good night."

Eren watched Zeke shut the door before slumping in his chair, looking at the picture in his hand. There was no doubt about it; it was definitely his father, which meant two things. The first was that Zeke was his brother, obviously.

It also meant that his father had come from outside the Walls.

Eren got up and fell heavily on his bed as anger filled him. His dad had known, known about everything! And he left everyone in the dark. If he had known, why the hell the hell hadn't he said something?! Damn him, damn Zeke, damn that damn key!

Eren's eyes widened. The key....

Reaching below his shirt, Eren slowly pulled the key he father had given him. His dad had given him the key to the basement, said that everyone's lives depended on him getting back to the basement... Was he hiding something about the outside world in there?

"Dad...where are you? And what the hell are you planning?" Eren mumbled before shutting his eyes. A few moments later, he was fast asleep.

...........................................................................................................................

Word Count: 1076

Eren...needs a minute to adjust to having a brother. Eventually, he's gonna love him like one! Just wait till he meets his grandparents!

Next chapter: Reiner wakes up, and they arrive in Marley. Eren learns a little bit more about Bertholdt and Reiner. Ymir....is Ymir, like always.