Where It All Changed...

Eren lay there, gagged and bound to the back of Bertholdt Hoover, listening to screams of people fighting and getting eaten. He could feel the guilt begin to suffocate him as he stared into the eyes of a Titan staring at him from over the Armored Titan,no, Reiner's Titan's shoulders.

"No..... This is all on me... People are dying because I got caught!"

There was a hiss of gas and a small thunk as someone landed on Reiner's armored face.

"Bertholdt!" 

Eren would recognize that voice anywhere. Armin was staring intently at the black haired giant, a look of deep thought on his face that quickly turned into something scary and psychotic. A creepy smile made his face look scarier than anything Eren had ever seen.

"What the hell?! Armin, what the hell is that scary face for, man?!"

"So, you're okay with this?.... Leaving your friend behind to face the music?"

Eren could feel Bertholdt stiffen beneath him, and he felt Bertholdt's heart skip a beat. Then it started beating a lot faster. Armin tilted his head, looking mockingly sympathetic.

"I guess Annie was weighing you down?.... Do you know where she is right now? She's way up north, in the Utopia District.....being tortured."

Bertholdt went completely rigid, and Eren felt his body start heating up to a concerning temperature. Eren stared at his friend in horror and shock, wondering why the hell he was telling Bertholdt all this. Annie was in Stohess, in her crystal, so why?.........

"The silent treatment only goes so far..... Oh, don't worry, we're taking care not to let her die....or get a moment's rest. Her body may heal, but her screams are an objects lesson on the limits of endurance. So many methods, so little time. Mustn't waste a prize specimen like Annie, she's too precious...."

"SHUT YOUR MOUTH, YOU HELLSPAWN! I'LL KILL YOU!" Bertholdt roared, coming after Armin. Eren's eyes went even wider than they already were. Did Armin really just piss off Bertholdt?.......

There was another hiss of gas, and Bertholdt stopped suddenly, crying out in pain." Damn!"

"That's Commander Erwin! What the hell is going on!?"

"Reiner!"

Reiner let out a loud roar and swatted at his head, knocking Armin off his perch before starting to toss the Titans off of him. Eren was glad that his friend landed safely.

Behind them, there was another hiss of gas, and another blonde landed on Reiner. It was Krista, followed quickly by Ymir. After the freckled girl latched onto his back, Ymir pulled herself out.

"Move your ass, you hunky piece of armor! They're almost on top of us!"

"We know, that,Ymir! Can you please work on getting the Titans off us?! That would make running away a lot easier!"

Ymir sank back into her Titan without another word, jumping off to attack the surrounding Titans. As soon as Ymir was gone, Bertholdt gestured for Krista to get closer.

"Krista! Over here!"

The little blonde shook her head." No. I am going to stay as far from you two as possible!"

Bertholdt sighed." Krista, please, for your own protection. Ymir will rip off our heads if something happens to you, and I would rather avoid that. So please, come here. I only want to put you in Reiner's neck."

Krista stared at the green eyed giant with uncertainty before slowly inching her way to Reiner's thick neck, shooting in her cables to keep her stable. Reiner let out a low grumble as Ymir landed back on his armored shoulder.

"Alright, I got rid of most of the Titans. Now can we pick up the pace?!" she yelled.

Reiner let out a roar of what was probably annoyance. Eren looked around frantically. There had to be away to get away from them; there had to be. He began to struggle against his bonds again.

"Eren! Stop it!" Bertholdt demanded vainly. He knew Eren was going to get desperate; he also knew there was only one way to get him to stop.

"Ymir! I need you to knock Eren out!"

Ymir blinked at him, then pulled herself back into her Titan before reaching over. She made a little "o" with one hand and flicked Eren in the head, instantly knocking him out. Bertholdt muttered a quiet thanks before turning his attention to the Scouts behind them.

They were falling behind. Bertholdt's eyes went wide. Reiner hadn't been this fast before, so how.... The green eyed giant looked down at Reiner's now bare calves. He'd shedded the armor on the back of his legs to go faster, and no one but the Scouts had noticed.

For the first time in a long time, Bertholdt felt truly happy; they were finally going to make it home.

<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

Word Count: 789

....I did not do that on purpose.......

Damn, I've had this in my head for a while, and I had so much trouble writing the first part! I guess I have a problem with thinking about only certain scenes before thinking of the actual story....

Hope you enjoy!