Moonlit Wall

"...We....made it," panted Reiner. He was on his hands and knees, breathing heavily on top of the Wall. The others all around him merely nodded, too breathless to even speak. Eren, still gagged and bound, had turned his back to the two shifters and was staring down at what he once called home

 They were all sitting on top of Wall Maria. Below them was the break that Bertholdt had made five years ago, and the over-grown city of Shiganshina. Eren's old home, and the place where this "vital secret" was kept. Another mission for another day.

Ymir groaned and rolled over on her back to face the moon high above them." Well, I must be an idiot."

Bertholdt, in his normal position with his knees drawn up to his chest, glanced over at her." You knew what was going to happen to you, and you had a chance to escape, Ymir," he said softly.

Ymir chuckled dryly." I know. I just...wanted to make sure you guys could take care of her."

Krista perked her head up." Ymir, what do you mean "take care of her"?

"Well...let's just say that whole thing about me taking you with us to save me was absolute bullshit. A better way of saying it is that I told you a little white lie, dear."

Krista's blue eyes blew wide open." You...you lied to me....to protect me again, didn't you?"

"Mhm. That's right. I wanted you to be safe, so I made sure you came along. To be honest, there is no way to save me."

Krista glared at Reiner and Bertholdt as murderously as she could with her sweet face." What are you planning to do to Ymir?!"

Reiner sighed." Honestly, it's not us. We...don't get a say in the matter."

"Say in what matter?!"

Bertholdt and Reiner exchanged looks. Ymir huffed.

"We still can't tell them?"

Bertholdt shook his head." No, not yet anyway. There is still a chance someone could escape," he said. The "someone" let out a muffled growl.

"Alright...can at least give her a simple explanation of what's going to happen to me?"

Bertholdt looked like he was about to object, but Reiner cut him off." Go ahead. Just not the details, got it?"

"Yep. Alright, sweetheart, gather round and I'll tell you a story," said Ymir, flapping her hand at the small blonde. Krista scooted closer as Ymir glanced at the sulking boy behind her." You, too, Yeager. Get your ass over here."

Eren turned his head at the sound of his name and let out a muffled reply. Ymir cut her gaze to Reiner, then pointed at Eren's gag.

"If you want to, go ahead," was all the burly blonde said.

Ymir shrugged and got up, walking over to Eren and ripping off the gag. The angry boy grimaced and started rubbing his mouth.

"You were saying?"

Eren glared at her." Fine. Thanks a lot."

Ymir chose to ignore the brunette's attitude." Okay, you all ready? Good. First things first, I'm from their hometown," began the freckled girl, jerking her thumb at the two boys behind her.

"I gathered as much," muttered Eren sullenly. Krista simply nodded.

"Well...remember when I told you I stole this power from one of their comrades, Historia? I have to give it to someone else. Another one of their friends." She turned her head to face the two shifter boys.