Another Day, Another Night

The sun had just barely painted the sky with the first colors of dawn when Bertholdt and Reiner shook the others awake. Krista blinked sleepily as Ymir smacked Reiner's thick arm. Eren just glared at Bertholdt as the green eyed giant shook him.

"Uhhhh... It's too early for this shit," Ymir groaned, her jaws locked in a yawn as she pushed herself up.

"Ymir...language..." Krista mumbled, still half asleep as she rubbed her eyes. Reiner couldn't help but stare at the petite blonde for a moment longer than necessary before kneeling down to check his ODM.

"Krista, I can talk as foully as I damn well want to," Ymir grunted.

"We don't have time for talking. We need to get going. Krista, how much gas do you have left?" Bertholdt asked, also checking his gear.

 In answer to the giant's question, the petite blonde stood up and rapped her knuckles on the canister." About half a tank."

Bertholdt nodded absently, looking over at his friend." Reiner? I've been thinking... What if we gave Ymir your gear? That way you won't damage it too much."

Reiner stood up in one smooth motion." Mmm.... It would take too long for us to swap gear. Besides, even if I did damage it, we wouldn't need it back home. And Ymir will do just as much damage to it as me in her Titan form."

Bertholdt looked down at his feet."...Right..."

Reiner gave his friend a long look before clapping him on the shoulder.

"Bertholdt.... I know leaving Annie behind is rough on you. But we will come back for her. Remember? I promised you two that I would get you two home safely. I'm not about to break that promise. We will go back for her."

Bertholdt looked away from his comrade." You and I both know it won't be that simple... We would have to get permission from Zeke..."

"And when we do, we could probably get Pieck to help us," Reiner said, squeezing the giant's shoulder.

"Who are Zeke and Pieck?" Ymir asked loudly. The two Warriors spun around to see the freckled girl standing right behind them, hand on her hips and with a raised eyebrow.

"Ymir! Don't do that! One of these days you might actually give someone a heart attack! Damn!" Reiner scolded, clutching at his chest. Ymir shifted her weight from one foot to the other with a huff of amusement.

"That doesn't answer my question..."

Reiner rolled his eyes." Some friends of ours. Happy?"

Ymir fixed him with a I'm-not-stupid look." Some "friends of yours" as in your fellow Warrior buddies?"

Bertholdt sighed.

" Yes, Ymir. Is everyone ready to go?" asked the giant, looking around. Krista gave a subtle nod while Ymir rolled her eyes. Eren just glared at the Titan trio.

"Alright then. Here I go," said Reiner as he walked off the edge of the Wall. Krista let out a little gasp, causing Ymir to give the side eye.

"Really, Krista? You ride that guy all day in his Titan form, and you worry about him falling off a Wall? Now that's just sad."

Krista turned a faint pink and tried her best to glare at the freckled girl. "I-It was just a shock, seeing him walk off the Wall like that."

"Mhm."

"Uh, you guys, we need to go," said Bertholdt as he stood up. Eren had already been tied to his back, and was now writhing as much as he could possibly manage while screaming his muffled screams.