Desperation

Eren was the first to awaken from his sleep, and quickly jumped on the opportunity to scout out wherever the hell he was. He sat up and looked around the room he was in. On his left was Bertholdt, blissfully asleep with his upper torso falling off the bed. On his right was Reiner, still slightly pale from his long trip yesterday, but definitely recovering. 

What really caught his attention were the strange things that were scattered throughout the room. Strange guns that he had never seen before, a tube like thing with a crank on the side. And there was a weird, almost salty smell in the air that he couldn't put a finger on.

A moment later, the door on the other side of the room opened and a short girl with long, messy black hair walked into the room. Seeing that he was awake, the girl gave him a carefree smile that matched her lazy grey eyes.

"Good morning. I see that you're awake. Did you sleep well?" she purred.

Eren looked at her skeptically while the girl crossed the room to stand in front of the haphazardly positioned giant. She gave the sleeping boy a big smile as she pulled a small bag out of her pocket.

"Wakey wakey, Bertl..." the girl purred as she dumped the contents of the bag on the giant's back. It was ice, and the response was immediate. With a yelp, Bertholdt shot up and over, falling over the other side of the bed with a loud thump.

"What the hell?! Connie, that's cold!" Bertholdt's green eyes peeked up over the bed before widening in shock." Oh. Sorry, Pieck."

"Do you think you guys can be a little more quiet? Damn, I swear you people are the noisiest..."

Reiner slowly sat up, rubbing his eyes clean of leftover sleep. "Pieck" threw him another one of her lazy smiles." Good morning, Reiner."

Reiner's hands flew away from his his face." Pieck!?"

A moment later, the blonde was out of bed and twirling the black haired girl around like he was fully recovered from his long trek the day before. When he finally finished, he set her down gently on her feet and mussed her hair in a brotherly fashion.

"It's good to see ya again, Pieck. How've you been?"

Pieck looked up at him thoughtfully." Well...I've definitely been short. A lot shorter than you. I've also been healthy, happy, and mentally well. And I'm pretty sure Pock likes me."

Reiner chuckled as Bertholdt joined." It seems that our height gets all the attention. And who's this Pock person?"

"It's Porco, of course. Who else could it be?"

Bertholdt blinked." Porco likes you? Like like like you?"

Pieck hummed happily in answer, earning her raised brows. She smiled up at them lazily.

"It's easy to tell. He looks at me kind of like how you look at Annie," she said simply. Bertholdt blinked as the words sunk in, then slowly became a faint pink.

"Wait, what!? What do you mean "how I look at Annie"?!"

Reiner let out a hearty laugh and slapped Bertholdt on the back." See, even Pieck could tell!"

Before Bertholdt could stutter out a response, someone let out a loud cough. Everyone turned their head to see Zeke standing in the doorway, looking stern with a happy twinkle in his eye.

"As much as I hate to disrupt your reunion, we have things to discuss..."

All three of reunited teens turned and immediately snapped a salute. Zeke raised an eyebrow at the blonde." Not that I mind, but I don't think you're supposed to salute like that..."