Chapter 10

Junior year was finally over and summer break had finally begun. The celebration before their senior year of high school had commenced and even two months in they were still doing something new everyday. There were the days that all four boys would hang out together or maybe sometimes just three of them if one was busy. And then there were the days when Brian and Sal would go off for their own little adventures that wouldn't end until the sky was dark of night.

On this day in particular the foursome agreed to head to the beaches of Staten Island and relax by the water all day. It was around two in the afternoon and they had all been baking under the summer sun since early morning. After a cool off dip in the ocean they were all now sitting quietly on their towels and chairs in an attempt to get the best tan they could before the end of summer.

Sal was laying on his front, his head turned away from the boy next to him who was also laying contently on his stomach. When the heat on his back became too much Sal flipped over and glanced over at his boyfriend who was reading a comic book.

"Hi." Sal said in order to get the boy's attention.

"Hi." Q smirked as he raised his gaze from his book over to his shirtless lover.

"You look sexy in those sunglasses." Sal pointed out, unable to take his eyes off of him.

"Oh yeah?" He smirked and shifted his weight to his elbows as he leaned in closer to Sal's face. "Well you look sexy with no shirt on." Q flirted before pressing his lips to Sal's.

Just as Sal was about to open his mouth to invite Brian's tongue and deepen their kiss he heard a voice interrupt them.

"Joey?" A female voice questioned as she and a group of girls who seemed to be the same age as them approached the group of four.

Joe raised his sunglasses to get a better look at the girl and when he did a look of realization came over his face as he stood to greet her with a hug. Murr, Sal, and Q gave each other questioning glances before Joe spoke up and introduced the mystery girl.

"Guys, this is my cousin Ashley and these are her friends." Joe announced as everyone shared a small greeting. "You cool of they hang with us for awhile?" He asked his friends.

"No not at all. Come sit." Murray gestured as the four girls all took a seat in the sand around them.

As soon as they did Sal immediately noticed how close the one girl sat next to Brian. He watched her smile warmly at him as she settled into her spot. He watched her movements for a second longer until he looked away shaking his head. He didn't know if she did it on purpose or if she just so happened to sit that close to him but no matter what it was he needed a moment to clear his head.

"I'm gonna go cool off in the water real quick." Sal announced as he stood from his towel and walked down towards the ocean.

He instantly dove into the dark blue waters, feeling the cool droplets calm his heated skin. He ducked his head under and rose back up, raking his fingers through his hair to push it away from his face. Sal closed his eyes for a moment and breathed deeply as he basked himself in the cold salt water. Once he was satisfied with the temperature of his body he walked back up towards their spot. Although he suddenly stopped short when he now saw the blonde girl sitting on his towel talking to Q.

"Excuse me, that's my towel." Sal informed trying to be as polite as possible.

"Oops, sorry." She giggled and removed herself from the spot.

Sal reached down at grabbed the towel as he furrowed his brow, wondering why that was so funny. He ran the cloth over his face, collecting the droplets that fell there before wrapping it around his waist and taking a seat on one of the chairs. He was now more than annoyed that he had been pushed even further away from his boyfriend due to the blonde in between them.