Chapter 1

"Nina! Wait!"

The young female rabbit twitched her nose and laughed in glee as she quickly outpaced her pursuer across the meadow. Rounding a bend, she leaped over a bush and crouched down.

"Nina?!" the young buck called.

"Got ya!" she cried jumping onto the male rabbit from her hiding spot.

"AHHH!"

The two tumbled down the small embankment. Nina giggled landing on top of the male with a thud.

"Oof. I think you broke something." he groaned.

"Oh Dustin stop being so dramatic."

Dustin wrapped his arms around Nina. She immediately laid her head on his hard chest perfectly content to lay there listening to the quick heartbeat of her best friend. They lay under the warm sun and listened to the peaceful sounds of birds twittering, crickets chirping, and the light breeze blowing.

With a sigh, Dustin spoke, "Our wedding is next week."

Nina rolled over and lay next to Dustin staring at the billowy white clouds passing overhead.

"I'm not quite as sure that it's 'our wedding' as much as it's our mothers' wedding." Nina chuckled. "They've been planning it since we were born. They bought my wedding dress when I was 14." she huffed.

Dustin laughed at the thought their mothers' over enthusiastic meddling. Their mothers had been best friends since they were in diapers and immediately sought to match their children. Unfortunately Nina's mother had only given birth to boys and the few daughters that were born to Dustin's mother found their males young. Their mother's took it as a sign when they both went into labor the same night and were able to give birth on beds next to each other.

 Their mother's took it as a sign when they both went into labor the same night and were able to give birth on beds next to each other

^Nina^

^Dustin^

^Dustin^

Nina had been his best friend forever. Dustin loved her company. He sighed as an unpleasant thought crossed his mind. It was a question that had bothered him ever since their mothers had finally convinced their fathers that they were now old enough to marry and announced the date.