18. a journey pt.1

Kenma's POV

I felt my eyes flutter open to the loud sound of some loud car engine starting what seemed like right outside my bedroom window. I groaned and sat up while rubbing my eyes and leaning towards my blinds, pulling them open and looking outside to see who the hell decided to wake me up so abruptly. When I could finally perceive the world around me, my eyes widened as I realized what was going on. It was Kuroo- my dumb ass- hot ass- idiotic ass boyfriend, sitting on this really sick motorcycle, looking straight through my window, waving at me with a shit-eating grin on his face.

Kuroo's POV - that morning

I got. A fucking. Motorcycle.

To make a long story short, I've pretty much wanted a motorcycle since the beginning of middle school. For the entirety of my early teen school years, I planned on getting a motorcycle as soon as I turned sixteen, so I could be that one friend who could drive around town on a cool ass two-wheeler. And I'd also be the only friend who could even drive. I have been asking my parents for one for the past six birthdays and Christmases. And right before I graduate my last year of high school, my dream has finally come true.

These past few weeks have been an absolute roller coaster for me, and I kept all of it a secret from Kenma. That's right, for exactly the past three weeks I have been going to school and taking final exams, going straight to my drivers license lessons after school, AND hanging out with my 3rd year friends as much as possible. And on top of that, all of this graduation crap has kept me busy as well because for some reason, when you're a team captain for the most popular sports team at your school, you kinda have to attend a lot of school related things.

It might seem dumb that I fit getting this motorcycle license into my jam packed schedule instead of just waiting to get it when I was less busy. But getting this motorcycle was absolutely VITAL to my graduation plans. "How did I even get a motorcycle with your broke ass" you may be wondering? Ah yes, the answer to that my friend is the power of graduating high school and having too many relatives to pitch in for a graduation gift that is. That's right, my beautiful new ride is my graduation gift, and that being said I think it's also going to be my last.

Kenma's POV - present

I sprinted down the staircase in my pj's to run outside and see Kuroo's family and my family all gathered around talking. "Ah you made it!" Kuroo smiled and walked up to me, wrapping his arm around me and hugging my side. I didn't really know what to think about this situation. "What the hell is going on." I mumbled to myself as I laid my eyes on what I assumed was Kuroo's motorcycle.

"This is where I've been for the past couple of weeks." Kuroo said to me as he pointed to the motorcycle. I stayed silent. "What do ya think!?" He smiled proudly. I just glared at him with an unimpressed look on my face. "Why do you look like you're gonna punch me?" He wondered. I slapped my forehead, literally not understanding what the hell was happening. But I shook off the thought and got up to sit on it, cause it was pretty damn cool..... he's never gonna hear me admit that though.

Some time passed and our families found their way back inside. I just sat there looking at Kuroo for some context and a big ass explanation. "Okay- you seriously do look like you're gonna kill me." He said as he stood in front of me, hand on his hip. "Why didn't you just wait to get this during the break?" I asked him, squinting into his eyes. He sighed and shook his head. "I'm bad at this sorta thing, so I'm surprised you haven't caught onto it yet." He replied and turned around, hands on his hips.

"Caught onto what??" I asked him, feeling really impatient. "Yeah I should've planned this better." He just said. "Kuro- please, you're gonna make me explode." I raised my voice. "Okay, okay fine. I got permission from your parents a couple months ago to go on a trip with me for grad." He said, making my eyes light up. "Keep going...." I replied. He smirked. "I wanted to be the person that was getting us there, no escort, no parental accompaniment." He paused. "You know I've always wanted a motorcycle too right? This was my perfect chance to do something with just us before I go, AND finally get my dream ride."

I just watched him, waiting for him to finish his thought. "Basically, we're going to use this baby to drive us all the way to the beach, where we're gonna stay a night or two at a hotel and be together. Just us." He smiled, with a big thumbs up. I had to stop myself from getting excited. "And remind me why couldn't we just do this during the break?" I asked him. Kuroo just stood there, looking like he failed a science test, with this horrible look on his face.

"I'm leaving for school in two weeks."

I shut my eyes and tried my absolute hardest to keep in all my feelings. "Leaving?" I wondered. "Yeah it's not in Tokyo." He said, while scratching the back of his neck. "What the hell is your problem?! Why didn't you start with that?!" I yelled, plenty loud enough for the whole neighbourhood to hear. I hopped off his dumb motorcycle and grabbed the collar of his dumb shirt. At this point, Kuroo submitted to the fact that he was about to get what he deserved.

"When is my opinion ever going to be considered when your planning important stuff?!" I yelled, straight into his face. "I'm sorry Kenma, I'm really sorry." I shoved him away and crouched down to the floor, hiding my face in my knees. After a few seconds, Kuroo crouched down to my level and grabbed my hands. "I really didn't want to see you upset so I never told you. But it's been on my mind every day and I've tried so hard to get the courage to come and tell you. I really have." Kuroo added. I sighed.

"When?" I said, with no reply from Kuroo. "When are you going." I rephrased. "I'm moving into my dorm in two weeks exactly." "You're moving? To a dorm?" I said, my voice slightly shaky. "Mhm." Was all Kuroo could let out. Why? Just why Kuroo? "Why couldn't I help you? Or be a part of the process? Like at all?" I whispered. "I didn't wanna rely on you for that sort of thing Kenma, I wanted to do this on my own. My mom and dad weren't even involved either." He said, pulling my face up by my chin. "I wanted to prove that I was responsible and reliable for you, that I could get things done without your help." He told me.

"I hated how bad I treated you when I got insecure about my sexuality that one time. I like, left you all fucking alone because I was feeling upset about a dumb word. That's just- an ass move." He said. "You do realize you left me alone again right." I rolled my eyes. Kuroo looked really apologetic. "Yeah but- I did it for you this time." He weakly smiled. I sighed for what seemed like the eightieth time today. "You don't have to freakin prove how much of man you are or whatever to me! I already love you! You're already worthy or whatever you want!" I threw my hands up in the air.

Kuroo sighed as he sat down in front of me. "I only decided what school I wanted to go to last week actually. " He paused, I widened my eyes. "This was a really difficult decision for me because you played a big roll in the entire decision process." Kuroo said while placing a strand of hair behind my ear. "I really hated the idea of leaving you behind, and it'll be really hard. But I knew you would've killed me if I went to a school that was closer, that I didn't like as much." He sighed and rubbed his face. "Yeah I would've been way more mad at you." I agreed. Kuroo snickered.

"I don't want to argue with you anymore, can we just hug it out and spend these next two weeks together? And then go on a nice weekend trip?" Kuroo asked me. "I made sure that my schedule was completely empty so we could hang out." He said, wresting his chin on my knees. "I'm gonna ignore the fact that you just blamed me for why it took you so long to pick a stupid school." I said, aggressively rolling my eyes. Kuroo's face went red and he looked away. "That's cause you're a big part of my life." He mumbled, but loud enough so I could hear him. I felt myself blush and I immediately covered my face.

There was too much silence between the two of us so looked at him through my fingers and he smiled, pulling me into his big stupid arms. He kissed my cheek multiple times, making the redness worsen. "There are a couple more surprises, okay? I've gotta make it up to you." Kuroo told me. "Sounds good to me." I shrugged as we pulled back from the hug, trying really hard to not look satisfied. "Wow you're so enthusiastic." Kuroo teased, making me punch his side.

————————
hi again guys :)
it's been a while- #sorrynotsorry
hehe

I hope you enjoyed Kuroo and Kenma's chaotic conversation and stay tuned for the next chapter because... (not to tease) but things are about to get even more spicy.

thanks for reading !!
- kate