10. the long walk

Kuroo's POV

We sat around in a circle in a small park near the restaurant that we just bought food from. It was really nice to hang out with some of the guys from the team, even if it was demon-senpai and his boyfriend skyscraper-kun. And as I thought to myself after thinking of that concept, I almost started to choke on my food from laughing. Everyone looked at me weird. "Sorry I just thought of something stupid." I said, while clearing my throat.

Yaku, Lev and Tora went back to their conversation. I tried to hold in my laughter. "What's so funny?" Kenma wondered. I smiled at him. "What if Lev and Yaku like each other?" I whispered and then started to giggle. Kenma had no reaction. "I thought that was obvious." He brushed off. I froze, not knowing what to say. "I figured it out today though. They're utterly in love with each other." He said. I covered Kenma's mouth and the other three looked over again, I assume we were disturbing their conversation.

"Kenma and I are going to check out the park." I stated and grabbed Kenma, pulling him up and dragging him away. "What's going on?" He wondered. "Do you realize how loud you were?" I aggressively whispered. "It's fine, they have to find out one way or another. And they didn't even hear me." He shrugged and kept his eyes glued to his video game. I snatched his phone away from him and stomped ahead. He followed me.

"They should figure it out themselves, it's the healthier way to come at it." I argued. "Well it took me four years to tell you myself." Kenma mumbled. "Four years?!" I abruptly stopped and practically yelled. Kenma looked surprised. "What?" He said. "You've liked me for four years?" I wondered, needing much more context. "Yeah so?" He blushed. I started to laugh. "Kozume! I've been in love with you my whole fucking life!" I said and almost fell on the ground. Kenma had a weird look on his face.

"What are you laughing so hard about?" He crossed his arms. "I'm laughing at the fact that you've like me for so long! Jeez if I knew you liked me four goddamn years ago, I think I wouldn't know I still liked girls." I told him. "What do you mean?" He wondered. "Kenma, I originally thought I only liked guys because of you. Then I started to experiment with girls cause I thought I could never have you." I giggled. He had a surprised expression on his face. "Are you serious?" He asked. "Yeah, completely." I nodded. Kenma blushed and grabbed my hand. I intertwined my fingers with his as I thought of a new topic to discuss.

We were about half a kilometre away from our teammates. "Kuro, how far are we going?" He asked me, after a conversation we had about volleyball. "We can turn around here I guess." We had just reached a little bridge that hovered over a miniature creak. It made a really soothing trickling sound. I leaned on the railing next to Kenma, as we watched a small duck family waddle around underneath us.

Kenma's POV

"Ugh we should've brought bread." He sighed. I laughed at Kuroo. "When would we have thought to buy bread." I asked him. He looked over at me with a straight face. My face adjusted to his reaction and I matched his emotion. He leaned in and pecked me on the lips. I just stayed frozen as he pulled back and smiled. We were currently in a public park, and it was really uncommon to show any sort of affection to someone. But I really loved it when Kuroo kissed me. I turned my body towards him and then looked around for any trace of human life nearby. There was no one.

"It's okay kitten, you can kiss me." Kuroo said, making my stomach develop butterflies. Kuroo turned to face me as well and he pulled me closer using my hips. He then held my face with both of his hands and leaned in. I had my hands grabbed on to his wrists as he attached his face to mine, slowly kissing me. My eyes closed as I breathed him in.

His head continued to tilt sideways overtime, so that his face got even closer, making the kiss more intimate. Kuroo started to kiss me more passionately, forcing me to wrap my arms around his neck and hold onto him. I didn't want this to stop. His tongue entered my mouth and I felt myself start to breathe heavier. My fingers brushed through the back of his hair. I let out a tiny moan from our breathless kiss, making him grin. One of Kuroo's hands had fallen down to my back, just to keep my body close to his.