12. distant

a week later~

Kenma's POV

Kuroo seemed odd lately. It was roughly a week after his panic attack, and he still just didn't feel the same. It's like he was wearing a fake smile. He wasn't as flirty as he usually was, and he never initiated a kiss. I know he was insecure, but I've never seen him this affected before. That one awful word had the biggest impact on him and it made my heart hurt. Kuroo didn't even talk to me as much as he used to. He didn't really talk to anyone else as much either.

"So he still won't talk huh?" Shoyo asked me through the phone. "Well yeah he talks, but I have to be the one who asks him something. He hasn't told me anything first this whole week. And Yaku said he's the same around the third years too." I told him. Hinata knows about Kuroo and I. I actually told him about us as soon as I got home after the day Kuroo kissed me at the park.

"I think that he's just thinking." Shoyo theorized. "For a whole week?" I asked, unconvinced. "We'll think about it Kenma, you know how badly affected he was. And you know how long it takes him to recover from things. I think that it's perfectly normal actually, from what you've told me about him." Shoyo told me. "I'm worried about him though, he's so different. He's not telling me anything and he's being so quiet. That's supposed to be my job." I sighed.

"I guess you now know how he's feels." Shoyo laughed. I didn't reply. "Kenma?" He said. Tears started to fall from my eyes and I whimpered, trying to hold them in. "Kenma?? Are you okay?" Shoyo said louder. "No." I whispered and curled myself into a ball. I absolutely hated that Kuroo was feeling this way, I hated it so much that it tore me apart. I couldn't take it anymore.

"Okay, I'm taking the next bus to your house." Hinata said. "No, Sho, it's okay. Don't you have a game tomorrow?" I stumbled over my words. "I'm bringing Bokuto-san and Akaashi-san." Hinata said. The tears started to fall again. "Don't worry Kenma, we'll be there soon. Your house isn't too far from where we're staying." Shoyo added.

I covered my mouth to try and prevent my emotions from spilling out further. But it was hard. I didn't like when my friends saw me like this, and I didn't want Shoyo to be worried about me. But, hearing him say that he was coming to see me along with some of Kuroo and I's closest friends, I felt so loved. So I let it happen.

I heard knocking on my front door and I opened it to a worried looking Hinata Shoyo. I sighed as he passed me a small box of my favourite chocolates. Bokuto and Akaashi stood behind him with big smiles on their faces. I felt the sadness start to reappear so I covered my flushed face. "Oh, Kenma." Shoyo said and wrapped his miniature arms around me. Bokuto joined him. "I'll go start some tea." Akaashi offered and walked over to my kitchen. I had really great friends.

"He must be really upset. He hasn't sent me a single text all week, and he's usually the type of person to spam me with messages." Bokuto said as we all sat around my table. "Don't you guys usually chat on call as well?" Akaashi asked. "Oh yeah, that too. I tried calling him earlier in the week and he said he was busy. Jeez, I thought this was all cause you guys lost." Bokuto sighed. "I didn't know he was capable of being this sad." He added.

"I think he'll get over this soon enough. Kuroo's not the type of person to resonate with anything for a long period of time. This is just new for him so I doubt it'll continue for much longer." Akaashi pointed out. I sighed and let my head fall down onto the table. "This is torture. I want to be there for him but I don't know what I'm supposed to do. I want to improve his mood, but he's so distant that I'm finding it super impossible." I told everyone.

Shoyo grabbed my hand. "Maybe you should tell him that." He suggested. I looked up at Bokuto and Akaashi to see what they thought. "Well you are his boyfriend." Bokuto shrugged. I blushed and hid my face in my hands. "He hasn't really been considerate about how you feel too." Akaashi added. "Yeah but he's in a tough headspace right now." I whined.