11. unnatural feelings

hi friends! I wanted to make some sort of a disclaimer at the beginning of this chapter because I felt it was needed;

these are not manga spoilers because I don't even know what really happens in it! this is a made up outcome of the inter high nationals, and it's how I see it playing out.

there's also usage of a slur in this chapter, so read with caution if you are affected by them in any way.

I hope you enjoy the chapter!
————————————
a week later~

Kenma's POV

I think it's safe to say that Nekoma had no chance at winning nationals. But I guess that was pretty obvious. It must've sucked for Kuroo, I don't exactly remember what he looked like when we lost in the quarter-finals. I know he was sad, but I think he tried to keep his head up for the team's sake. That's the kind of captain he is. The thing I do remember is how we arrived home and he cried in my arms for a good half an hour.

But he's okay now. We've still got a bunch of months left in school, and our volleyball season isn't even over yet. We still haven't had that official game with Karasuno yet. And that's cause we didn't have a chance to go against them at nationals. The thing that scares me a lot though is how Karasuno still hasn't lost yet. They're still playing, and winning, getting one win after another. They're absolute beasts and it makes me think about how much they've progressed. They might even be able to beat us.

I glared outside the window of my classroom and sighed, school was pretty boring. "Kenma!" My teacher called. "Come, deliver this to the front office since you're not listening." I sighed and walked up to the front and grabbed whatever my teacher handed me. It looked like a form of some sort, I could really care less about it though. I made my way down the hallway and I passed by Kuroo's class, so I decided to peek in. He wasn't at his desk, but I saw his stuff.

I was about to text him and ask where he was, but a sudden sound of chatter from down the hallway interrupted me. I walked cautiously towards the conversation and peered around the corner. There stood Kuroo, leaning against a wall, right across from a girl. "Kuroo, I- I have something to tell you." She said. "What's up?" He wondered, not looking phased at all. My heart started to pound as I sensed her nervousness. What the did she want from him?

"Uh, it's more of a confession actually." She stated. My fists clenched. "I- I'm in love with you Kuroo." She finally let out. I observed Kuroo's mixed reaction, I couldn't tell what he was thinking. "I don't know what you want me to say." He said. My eyes shot at him. "There's someone I like too, sorry." He said and started to walk in my direction. I bolted back around the corner and walked straight to the office, without looking back. A blush spread wide across my face.

When I left the office, I walked back past the hallway where I watched the love of my life reject someone. That's when I saw the girl crying. I wanted to approach her because she looked so sad. That probably would've been me if Kuroo didn't like me back. I tried to rub that thought out of my mind as I continued to hear her sobs while walking away. "Kenma!" Kuroo called, I turned to him and he had a big smile on his face. He must've been too stupid to realize what he was doing as he picked me up and spun me around once.

"Kuroo! What the hell?" I said and made him put me down. As I fixed my clothes, I looked up at him with disappointment. I thought we were alone in the hallway, but I felt a presence nearby so I glanced behind Kuroo. For a second, I thought my eyes deceived me when I saw that girl Kuroo rejected. But that's when Kuroo saw her too. "Oh I get it now." She let out with the most devilish looking smile I've ever seen. "You're gay." She said as another tear fell down her face.