9. Kuroo's new power

spring nationals - quarter finals

Kenma's POV

"Nice kill Hinata!" I heard the captain of Karasuno yell. Kuroo and I were watching Hinata play and his team was clearly doing super well. They didn't seem to have much trouble getting to the quarter finals, even though this was the first time even the third years of that team have been to nationals. I was in awe of Karasuno High School. They absolutely astonished me, because it seemed as though each member of the team were meant to play together. Kageyama and Hinata are the ultimate teammates, might I add. Their combos are insane to watch and it's like whenever they play a new game, they improve. Kageyama is a powerhouse that adjusts himself to Hinata, whilst Hinata can move his body around like a bird flying in the wind. And he's quick! Like way too quick.

"What's on your mind Kenma?" Kuroo asked as he leaned against the railing beside me. We were stood up in the bleachers away from all the other people that were supporting the two teams. I must've been thinking hard because Kuroo seemed very curious. "That Shoyo man, I'm almost- jealous of him." I smirked. Kuroo smiled back at me. "How could you be jealous of him? You're way more experienced." Kuroo tried to make me feel better. "He's so- how do I put it. I don't know, just inspirational. The way he plays volleyball, just makes me want to beat him so bad." I confessed. "That's what I like to hear." Kuroo nudged my shoulder. "Wait- speaking of Hinata, do you know how that thing with Kageyama is going?" He wondered. I thought to myself for a second. "Now that I think of it, Shoyo never mentioned it to me again." I replied.

"Why do you ask?" I questioned Kuroo. He turned his head back to the court. "I don't know, they're just on freakin' fire today. They look great out there, like it's their strongest game ever. They haven't slipped up once, AND they gave each other high fives like eight times today. It's super abnormal for those too. I thought that maybe they finally figured out their feelings and maybe they are dating or something?" He told me. I raised my eyebrows. "Kuro, why do you even care." "Because I know you care about Hinata, and I care about who you care about." He responded, with a serious look. "Oh." I blushed, starting to remember that we loved each other. Kuroo wrapped his arms around me. "Stop acting so cute whenever I say nice things." He smiled and kissed my cheek.

My face flushed and I had to push him away to help stop myself from freaking out. Kuroo now held the special power of making me feel weird around him, and at times like this, it wasn't a good thing. Although, it was a good feeling. "You're so embarrassing." I said under my breath, fully aware that Kuroo could still hear me. "You're too cute kitten, it makes me wanna kiss you even more when you're so flustered." He teased me. "Kuro, can you stop this nonsense? We're in the middle of a volleyball tournament right now." I mentioned. He just grinned at me. "What's with that face?" I asked him, started to feel frustrated about his new power.

"I could touch you right now and you'd turn as red as our jersey." Kuroo continued to bug me, making my blood start to boil. "Stop annoying me or you won't get to kiss me again today." I huffed. Kuroo laughed as if I was joking. I glanced at him and gave him a look of disapproval. His expression slightly altered as soon as he realized that I was indeed not joking. "Okay come on, the whole rest of the day?" He whined. I nodded. "Okay fine, you beat me again." He sighed and sat down. It made me blush a little, thinking about how Kuroo really did want to kiss me, so much that he gave up teasing me. And he's been doing that to me his whole damn life. I sat next to him as we observed the Karasuno game, watching as Kageyama sent one perfect set after another, straight to his partner, Hinata.

Kuroo's POV

"Maybe I should ask Shoyo if something did actually happen between him and Tobio." Kenma said. "It had to be something drastic because I've never seen those two shine this much on the court before." I agreed. I watched Kenma as he studied the two teams on the court. When he wasn't slouching and playing video games, he really did take an interest in volleyball. He just didn't want anyone to know that. I looked at his side profile in awe and then I focused on his eyelashes, they were decently long and pretty. His features were all genuinely on the smaller side, but I thought that made him really cute.