Chapter 2: "Good choice."

"Indiana Wilson?" My teacher calls out as she looks up from her laptop

"Indiana Wilson?" My teacher calls out as she looks up from her laptop. "Present ma'am," I say raising my hand up. She nods before going to the other student. "Alright class, I'm done with your attendance. Now going to today's lesson," She says as she walks towards the door before locking it.

It's a rule in our class: after attendance, the door is locked so that no latecomer can come in.

The teacher instructs us to open our textbooks to page 147, just as a rapid banging is heard from the door. Ms Brown (the teacher) sighs, before opening the door. "Zac, Austin. How wonderful for you to join us now. But unfortunately, you're late, and attendance has already been taken. I would kindly ask you to stand outside." She says with a tight-lipped smile.

Austin sighs and looks at Zac with a frustrated look before looking back at Ms Brown. "I apologize. It won't happen again." Austin mumbles. "Apology accepted." She says and starts closing the door, only for Zac's foot to stop it.

"Hey, come on. Live a little Ms Brown. Yeah, we are late. But we are high school kids, what do you expect from us? To be on time?" He raises his eyebrow. Ms Brown closes her eyes already annoyed with him; he does this almost every day. "Actually Zac, that's exactly what, I, as a teacher, expect from, you, as a student." She says, and Zac scoffs.

"Well, forgive us for having a little fun." Zac mumbles. "You know what? Just get in. I have a class to teach and would very much appreciate it if you don't delay it any further." She says moving aside and letting both of them walk in.

"Good choice," Zac smirks and enters the class Austin following behind him. The moment both the boys are in front of the classroom and are looking for a seat, all the girls and even some boys start fixing up their hair and outfits; the girls opening a few top bottoms of their shirt or pulling it a bit down to expose a bit of cleavage, while the guys straighten their t-shirts.

"Hmm... Now, where shall we sit." Zac wonders out loud. "Just shut up," Austin mumbles when he sees the teacher glare at them and he pulls Zac by the back of his shirt and drags him towards the back of the class. "Anyway... Where was I..." Ms Brown says before getting back to the lesson.

♡♡♡

I hum as I put my books in my locker. "Indy! There you are bitch!" I hear my best friend, Paris yell. My head turns to the side and I look at her running towards me, pushing through the crowd. Her long blonde hair gets stuck in someone's backpack zipper and she lets out a hiss as she stumbles backwards. The guy who is wearing the backpack, blushes and mumbles a sorry as he helps her untangle her hair. He looks at her with hearty eyes, but of course, Paris being Paris stays obvious to the fact as she rushes towards me, without saying a word to the poor boy who for sure has had or just developed a crush on her.

"There you are. I didn't see you all morning and I thought you were dead or something." She says panting lightly.

Meet Paris, Paris Evans. My best friend since elementary school and my 'partner in crime' as she calls it. Paris is a person you wouldn't want to mess with. She is a person who is very straightforward and overdramatic from time to time. With her natural beauty; long blonde hair, blue eyes and gorgeous features, she has guys on her fingertips. But she is either oblivious or just not interested.