Chapter 14: "No problem, shorty."

"AHHHH!" I yelled, when the first thing I saw on a Monday morning was a penguin head hovering above mine

"AHHHH!" I yelled, when the first thing I saw on a Monday morning was a penguin head hovering above mine. "Well good morning to you to sis." A voice which I recognize as Jay says, his voice muffled due to the penguin mascot he was wearing on his head.

"Jay?" I ask, as I try to calm down my heart that was beating fast due to waking up in such an atrocious way. "The one and only." I could practically hear the grin in his voice. He pulled away and took the penguin head off him revealing his face and now messed up hair.

I sighed, not even surprised at this point. When we were 16 Jay had woken me up with his face covered in a scary Halloween mask that scared me to death and I don't think I slept for two days after that.

"Anyway, get ready. Mom left for work early since she had a meeting and Ryan left just a few minutes after mom so its just you and me. So, you better get up and get ready or I leave you here." He warns.

Knowing Jay, he wouldn't hesitate to just leave me on the sidewalk as I watch him drive away. In fact he would probably be wearing sunglasses and would roll down the car window and look back and wave bye to me as they do in the movies before driving off, leaving me with my jaw probably fallen to the ground as I shiver in the cold morning air.

I get up and try to get out of my bed only to notice I am tangled in my blankets and I fall on the ground on my face.

Such a great way to start a Monday morning huh?

I groan and rub my nose that feels like its broken. I huff and get up kicking the blankets off my legs and throwing it back on the bed before walking into the bathroom. I took a shower before wearing one of my crop tops and spandex pants and a jacket on top of it to keep me from the cold.

My crop top wasn't that short, just exposing a slight stirp of my waist. I was honestly in no mood to dress up today, I mean come on its Monday! Cut me some slack. I tied my curly messy hair in a ponytail, with much difficulty may I add before walking downstairs for breakfast.

"Ooo no make up huh?" Jay teased. Jay knew I don't put much make up, other than lip gloss and mascara, even foundation or eyeliner time to time. But whenever he saw me without any, he took it as a chance to tease me.

"Shut up." I grumble wanting nothing more to be asleep in my bed right now. I most definitely wasn't a morning person in any sense. I saw cereal on the table for me and I sat down, eating it at a slow pace.

As I was chewing and scrolling through my phone, I heard a bark and a smile invaded my face as I turned to look at Ace who was rushing into the living room happily. "Ace here buddy!" I cooed at him. He turned to me and walked to where I am.

He looked up at me and I smiled and scratched his head just the way he liked it. "Indy you either come out in five minutes or I am leaving without you!" Jay yells and my eyes widen. "Give me a second!" I say as I start eating my breakfast fast.