Chapter 29: "Be my girlfriend?"

You know that feeling of happiness? The one that makes your heart all fluttery and just full?

Yeah, that's what I am feeling right, as I sit at this dining table, next to Indy and the sounds of everyone's laughter fills my ears.

It felt nice... to have someone to celebrate Thanksgiving with or just celebrate it in general. We didn't celebrate Thanksgiving ever since Gwen passed away, one because it was just two weeks away from the day we lost her and two because we had all seemed to have lost anything to be thankful for.

Right now though sitting here I felt good and happy. Yes, I missed her, a lot in fact but she would want me to be happy right?

I felt Indy take a hold of my hand from under the table before squeezing it slightly. My eyes turned to her only to see her talking to Paris.

Indy looked fucking cute today. She was wearing a denim overall with an off-shoulder white crop top. Her overall was rolled up by at the bottom because she was so damn short. Her hair was also straightened and she left it down her back.

Don't get me wrong she looks fucking gorgeous but damn her curls are just something else and honestly, I like it a ton more than her straight hair- not that it looks bad but her curls just drive me fucking crazy.

I remember how Indy told me she was going to be wearing some yellow top for Thanksgiving, I don't even know when but it came up some time but I guess she changed her mind.

Bryan, Isabelle's (Indy's mom) boyfriend also happened to be here. He seemed to be a good guy. A lawyer with a hint of a French accent. He was from France but had moved to New York just about a year ago.

Apparently, he and Isabelle happened to meet at the grocery store. She had bumped into him and all and then he helped her load her groceries in her car and they just started talking after that and then dated eventually.

I could tell Indy was happy for her mom. It was clear both Bryan and Isabelle were in love, the way they looked at each other and even the way he happened to get Isabelle flustered seemed to prove so and I know it made Indy very happy to see her mom moving on and in love.

Jay and Ryan, on the other hand, were happy too but they didn't show it, instead, they were staring at him as if ready to kill.

"Aus?" A voice calls out sweetly from beside me. "Hmm?" I ask breaking out of my thoughts noticing everyone is now looking at me. "I was asking if you would like some more of the pie?" Indy said sweetly with a giggle and I nodded. "Sure," I mumble.

The food was fucking amazing and Indy made it. Damn, she was good at cooking.

I see my dad give me a sly look and I nearly roll my eyes. Things between my dad and I were a lot more better. Just a few hours ago we were joking around and talked. It felt nice and I think I was finally accepting the fact that maybe it wasn't his fault.