Chapter 12: "We need to talk."

I woke up to my head pounding and my whole body tired and stiff

I woke up to my head pounding and my whole body tired and stiff. I groaned as I turned on my back, my eyes closed tight as my hands went up to my head. "Fucking hell." I mumbled as my hands pressed harder into my head trying to get it to stop hurting.

I felt something rise up my throat and I got up at lighting sped, rushing to the bathroom, trying to ignore how fucking hard my eyes stung when they opened. I banged up the bathroom door, making the floor beneath me slightly shake as I pushed open the toilet seat and puked out the rest of the alcohol from my system.

After a few minutes when I am sure I am done vomiting my guts out, I flush the toilet before brushing my teeth. I throw on a shirt before making my way downstairs. I walk into the kitchen and open the cabinets looking for something to make from breakfast.

"Austin." I hear my name being called out from behind me from none other than my dad. My hands freeze for a second before clearing my throat, "Yes?" I ask, coldly as I continue looking inside the cabinet.

I hear him sigh, "We need to talk." He says. "No, we don't." I say as I take out the cereal box and turn around placing it on the counter. "Aus, you beat up a guy on field and you came home drunk yesterday. We have a lot to talk about." He says, my heart fucking smiles at him calling me my nickname after so long. "Don't fucking call me that." I say, my jaw clenched.

I see a flicker of hurt pass his eyes before it became emotionless. "Do you always beat up guys on field?" He asks, eyebrows slightly raised. "No. But even if I did how would you know." I scoff as I take the milk out. "Austin..." He trails of his voice hurt.

"No. No. Just stop. Stop acting like my dad. Because you lost that right the day mom left. You lost that fucking right long-ago dad, when you chose alcohol over your family." I say as I finally meet his eyes, all my words laced with venom.

His eyes become dark and he clenches his jaw, "I never fucking chose alcohol over my family Austin." He spits out.

We have never once mentioned or repeated anything that happened. Because one, we never had a proper conversation with each other and two, I usually ignored him or he was out for work most times

"Really." I scoff as I put my cereal in before pouring in my milk. He grits his teeth. "What happened, happened Austin. We have got to learn to move on, to talk to each other." He says almost desperately.

I feel my knuckles getting white due to how hard I was holding the cereal container and my jaw clenched further. I closed my eyes and took a few deep breaths to control myself from exploding. When my eye opened, they were cold and dark.

"You are nothing but a man who gave me half of my DNA. You may be my father, but you will never be my dad again. Not after what you did. Not after you became the reason of me not having a mother." I say, my voice dangerously quiet.

I saw a tear form in his eyes and my heart clenched slightly but I pushed the feeling away. I push my bowl away and walked back upstairs.

♡♡♡