Chapter 31: "Wanna video call?"

I know I am dreaming

I know I am dreaming. I mean I have to be. He can't be here, he just can't!

Not after things are finally getting better, not when things are getting good, not when I am finally getting better and moving on from what happened, not when our family was finally happy without him.

This has to be some sick dream and I am trying so hard to wake up. But I can't. I just can't.

"Indy, kiddo are you alright? You look pale and are shaking," my dad says worriedly as he tries to step towards me but I take a step back.

My organs feel squished inside me and I feel my throat closing up. Tears gather in my eyes as I look right into the same blue eyes as mine. "What are you doing here?" I manage to say, my voice breaking.

He smiles softly, "I'm back honey, I made a mistake and now I'm back," he says softly and I shake my head as a tear rolls down my cheek. "Y-You can't be," I whisper as I take a step back hoping that he would somehow just disappear in thin air the way he always did in my dreams.

I look down hoping to find Ace beside me, but he isn't there and I am pretty sure he got distracted and entered the kitchen on our way to the door.

I take a deep breath, calming myself somewhat before I look at my dad. "You need to go, you need to leave," I say as I shake my head to myself. "Honey..." he starts, his voice stop but I shake my head yet again, more tears trail down my cheeks but I make no move to wipe them off.

"Stop! Stop it! You left! You broke our whole family! You hurt us and finally, finally when we were moving on and getting fine you come back!" I burst out.

I hear footsteps behind of someone walking down the stairs, "Indy, I-" I hear Jay's voice before he stops talking and I know he has seen dad.

"Dad?" He whispers and my dad smiles warmly which makes my heart clench. "Jayden, oh god look at you," my dad says in a soft voice as he looks behind my shoulder at Jay.

"I- Why the fuck are you here?" Jayden spits in and I can hear his voice break slightly. Dad's eyes seem to widen at Jay's language.

"I am here to make things right Jay. I'm back and I promise to make it up to all of you," he says as his smile flatters slightly.

Jay scoffs, "Yeah, right. Of course you are," Jay mumbles under his breath sarcastically.

"James?" I hear my mom's voice from behind my dad and my eyes widen. My dad turns slightly and I see my mom standing there, right behind him her eyes wide as she looks at my dad.

"Isabelle," my dad says as he exhales. "What are you doing here?" She asks as she holds onto her bag strap tightly

"I-I am back honey," he says as he steps forward to touch her face but she steps back. "What. Are. You. Doing. Here?" She whispers more sternly.