Chapter 8: "Where are your pills?"

"Hey

"Hey. Hey. Look at me." I hear Jay's panicked voice say. His voice seems so distant but from the blurry vison of my eyes I know he is right in front of me. "Indy, breathe with me. Come on." I feel his hand touch my hand that is on my knee. A choked sob escapes my throat. "Ace! Come here! Ace!" I hear him yell.

My throat closes up more and I can't seem to see anymore, all I can see is my dad. I feel someone shake me, trying to get me back to my 'senses, but I can't. All voices around me go distant. Everything around me is black and right in front of me is my dad. He has a scowl on his face as he is looking at me. A sob breaks through me and I try to reach for him but I can't. I can't.

I suddenly feel someone lick my face, and then I feel something furry rub against my knee. My hand reaches for it, and my hands go into Ace's fur, gently pulling on to it as I try to calm myself. My vison clears and I see Jay's worried face and Ace who is right next to me.

I start taking deep breaths, my hand still pulling on Ace's fur and a few minutes later I can feel my heart beating normally, and my lungs filling up. "Hey." Jay says softly, kneeling in front of me. "H-Hi." I say, using my other hand to wipe face from all the tears that managed to fall down. "You okay? Want to talk about it?" He asks and I shake my head. He nods understandingly before pulling me into a hug, my head presses against his chest, and I can feel his heart beating frantically.

"W-Why is your h-heart beating so f-fast?" I ask with furrowed eyebrows, as my hand fists around his shirt, my voice croaky. "I am scared. You weren't able to breath Indy. I was so goddamn scared." He whispers. "I-I am sorry." I whisper. "It's not your fault." He says softly, before kissing my head.

"He was here, Jay." I mumble. "It felt like he was here. It was so real." I whisper as a sob breaks through me. "H-He was talking to me. A-About h-his day at work... a-and then suddenly he v-vanished. A-And I looked around f-for him and e-everything turned black and h-he was there again. H-He was looking at m-me. I tired reaching f-for him, b-but I couldn't. I couldn't, Jay." I say as sobs start escaping my throat.

"Shhh. He wasn't here. It wasn't real." He whispers. "I miss him." I admit, as a tear falls down my cheek. "Me too. I miss him too." He whispers and I fell a tear drop on my head. My eyebrows furrow and I pull away and look up at him. His eyes are closed, and his Adam's apple is bobbing up and down, a tear has trailed down his cheek.

I remove my hand from Ace's fur and use it to wipe his tear away. His eyes open and he looks at me with a sad smile. "You okay now?" He asks and I nod. He grins and then wipes my tears away from his own hands. "You better acknowledge Ace now, or he is going to have a fit." Jay jokes and I chuckle before turning to Ace who is looking at me.

"Hey buddy." I say with a smile. He lets out a whine kind of thing before cuddling his nose in my hair and I giggle. My head rubs his back and he slightly licks my cheek. He pulls away and looks at me with his tongue hanging out of his mouth.