Chapter 24: "Would you like to wear my jersey?"

"I don't know why, but this Caleb dude gives me the off vibes," Zac says as we stretch at practice

"I don't know why, but this Caleb dude gives me the off vibes," Zac says as we stretch at practice. "Tell me about it," Jay scoffs, "He has been around Indy like some fucking lost dog. He even sits with us at lunch and he stares at my sister with the look in his eyes and I fucking hate him," Jay adds and I roll my eyes.

Caleb Miller. He has been here for maybe four days now and nobody likes him. He gives off creepy vibes and even though girls around here think he is cute or some shit, he just gives off bad vibes.

He checks Indy out in front of me, he flirts with her, hits on her and on top of that I have seen him do that with two other girls too. The worst part is he is always around Indy and he hasn't stop flirting with her even after he saw me kiss her- on the lips, may I add- two times.

"I wanna fucking punch that guy and ruin that stupid British face of his," I mumble just as coach calls us. "Boys! On the field now! Austin, you come here, I need to talk to you!" He says and all of us jog towards him, the rest of the guys going to the field while I stand in front of coach.

"Yes, coach?" I ask. "You are finally back on field after three games. Tonight if you beat up any guy Reed, I swear I will lose it. The team needs you. Don't forget. If any other guy messes with your head beat him up after the game, I don't care but just not on the field or school premises. I don't want you to get in trouble again. Am I clear?" He asks and I nod.

He dismisses me and I go to the field and the rest of the team I am practice for our game tonight.

♡♡♡

I run my hand through my wet hair as I step out of the shower. I hate showering at school in the boy's locker room, but I also hate being sweaty and since I am meeting up with Indy after this I need to look presentable rather than sweaty and stinky.

I look at Zac putting on a shirt as I walk to my locker before taking out my clothes and putting them on. "You coming?" Zac asks as he hangs his bag on one shoulder. My eyes dart to Jayden before I look at Zac, "You go out, I will be there in a few minutes. I uh have to talk to Jayden about something," I say and Zac nods before walking out.

I pick up my own bag before going to where Jayden is. "Hey, Jay. I have to talk to you." I say and Jayden looks at me, "Sure, go ahead." He says leaning against his locker.

I clear my throat, not knowing how to form this sentence and feeling nervous all of a sudden. "So... Uh... I was wondering..." I trail off. "You were wondering?" He urges me to continue and I look around before sighing.

"Well, as you may know, I like your sister... and I was wondering if I could take Shorty- I mean Indy out on a date if you were fine with it," I say. His eyebrows raise up slightly. "Why are you asking me?" He asks and I see slight confusion on his face.

"Well... You're her elder brother and I know you can get overprotective and I understand why. I know how close you and Indy are and I just wanted to know if you are fine before I ask her out or before we like you know get into a relationship," I say with a shrug and I see slight approval flash in his eyes.