Chapter 5

A few months went by slowly. Kian worked hard at the hospital, leaving Haley home. Her days had become a slow drain of doing projects, cooking dinner, and doing chores. She found herself excuses to go out and buy groceries, or just go for a walk around the block to get out of the house for some fresh air.

It was just as things were opening back up that Kian came home with some paperwork and big news.

"Haley, the gift shop at Holby is reopening soon, and they're looking for new employees. Want to put in an application?"

"Yes! I definitely will. If I get the job, it will be like before; us working in the same building again."

Haley went to her interview a few days later. Kian got a phone call that afternoon when she took a cab home.

"We're going to have to get something fancy for dinner to celebrate; I got the job."

"That's awesome, Haley!" Kian grinned, wishing he could drop what he was doing and head straight home to be with her.

"It's only part time, but I'm going to be able to sell my craft items there. I'm going to start next week. I can't wait!"

"I'll see you soon; I'll head home right after I punch out. I love you and I'm so happy for you right now!"

After dinner, Haley sat down on the couch with Kian; she had something important she wanted to tell him.

"Kian, after all that's happened, I think I know what I want."

"Yeah? What's that?" He asked.

"I want to get married now. Not later, when this pandemic is over. And I don't want a quick one at the court house. A real wedding with our friends and family. Let's do it when the government allows small gatherings."
Kian smiled.

"I can do that." He said softly, hugging her. "We'll get married and start a new life together. With all going on, I think you deserve a dream wedding."
Haley kissed him on his jaw.
"I guess I better start planning." She said, smiling.

"Maybe we should make a list of places where people can get married."
"Good idea."
Haley got up to get some paper and a pen.
"Let's write down our ideas and ideas for where we want to have the wedding."
"Sounds good."
They spent the rest of the evening writing down their ideas. They ended up deciding on a church, a park, and a restaurant.
"I'll take care of the flowers and decorations." Haley said.
"Okay."
"And I'll pick out the music. Did The Tragically Hip ever record any romantic songs?" Haley asked, referring to Kian's favorite rock band.