Chapter 16

They went in for the scan a few days later. Haley and Kian sat in the hallway, her hand firmly in his.
"You excited?" He asked, smiling as she rested her head on his shoulder.
"Yeah. Our first look at Baby Madani."
They went into the room, Haley lifting her shirt so the nurse could scan her stomach. Both her and Kian had their eyes glued on the monitor, not wanting to miss a minute.
It was still kind of early, but the little gray blob and a steady heartbeat indicated that the baby was developing normally and healthy.
"That was pretty fast." Kian said.
"Wasn't it?" The nurse said, putting the scanner back together.
"I haven't been ill in the mornings....I guess that's something that gets better as you get closer." Haley said, still looking at the screen.
When they got back home, they sat on the couch and stared at the pictures for a while before they realized they had to get dinner ready.The nurse was able to determine that Haley was almost three months along; almost out of the woods for danger of miscarriage. They really were going to have a honeymoon baby. They both got pictures of the scans and Haley couldn't stop looking at them.
"Kian, can we wait until the three month mark to tell everyone? Just to make sure it's safe?"
"Sure; I think we can wait a few weeks." They rolled by really fast. They even picked out a day that Haley was working so the could make the announcement together. When the day came along, there was one thing left to do; tell everyone. He brought Haley into the break room and called everyone up.
"Well, everyone, Haley and I have a special thing tell you. We're expecting." Nicky gave them both a big hug. Marty was floored at the thought of being an uncle. The only one who didn't seem super excited was Jac. Though, she did offer them a friendly smile.
"Congratulations, you two." She said.