Chapter 10

A few weeks of babysitting, shifts at the hospital and Friday nights at the pub rolled by. Haley had planned the catering, the venue, and the seating. There was only one big thing left; the dress. Kian secretly sent out a few texts; he had a surprise planned.
On a very quiet Saturday, Haley answered a knock on the front door. She was surprised to see Nicky and Kian's Aunt Bibi standing there.
"What's all this?" She asked, smiling.
"We're kidnapping you and taking you dress shopping." Nicky said, taking Haley's hand.
A short while later they were all at a bridal shop.
"Did you have anything special in mind?" An attendant asked. Haley dug out her phone and pulled up a picture. It showed an old tinted photograph that looked like it belonged in a history book.
"Czarina Alexandra in one of her ballgowns. Do you have anything with a similar train and sleeves? No fur though, but if there's rhinestones or crystal beads I'd like that. And do you have a similar tiara, maybe not as big?"
The resulting dress was worthy of a royal wedding. Haley felt like a princess. She just needed to pick out bridesmaids dresses and a dress for the flower girl. Aunt Bibi offered to stash it at her house until the big day.
Haley was a little stuck on who would be her flower girl. All of her girl cousins were too old. She did have someone in mind though.
"Kian, could Emma be our flower girl?" She asked him that night.
"I think she'd love that. She absolutely adores you."
Haley asked Jac the next time she dropped Emma off.
"Can I, Mummy? Please?" Emma begged, tugging on Jac's arm pleadingly.
Jac took a breath and looked down at Emma.
"Yes. We'll have to talk to Daddy if the wedding falls on one of your weekends though."
"Yay!" Emma squealed, hugging her mother first and then Haley.
"Just tell me Emma's dress size, can you, Jac? I already have a beautiful one picked out."
"Sure, I'll message you." Jac said bluntly.
"So what will my dress look like, Haley?" Emma asked after Jac left.
"I'll give you a hint; it has to do with the movie we watch together all the time."
Emma's face lit up.
"I'm going to have an Anastasia dress?" She gushed, her eyes wide.
"It's going to kind of look like one, yes. And you're going to have a tiara to go with it!"
"I can't wait to see it!" Emma said, looking like she was already daydreaming. What little girl doesn't what a princess dress?
The rest of the wedding party went together quickly. Fletch would be the best man along with Marty and Sacha, who had the honor of giving Haley away. Nicky was the maid of honor, along with a few cousins. All of the bridesmaids got matching bead bracelets and Emma got an Anastasia-inspired necklace to go with her dress. She wore it almost everyday afterwards.