One year later....

Kian and Haley woke up to Farrah squealing in her cot. Kian got up, walked to her room, and lifted her out, feeling her wriggle around in his arms.
"Hello, baby," Kian said. He kissed the top of her head. "You're getting so big." He said, kissing her forehead.

"Da...da..." she babbled, leaking a small amount of drool on his T-shirt.
He brought her into the master bedroom.

"Good morning, Mummy." He said, handing Farrah to Haley.
"It's a big day today....Auntie Jac and Emma are coming over, we'll go to the zoo. Then, everyone is getting together for the party." Haley said bouncing their daughter in the mattress.
"Did you make enough cake?" Kian asked.
"Yes. And the decorations and I arranged for the pizza to come."
For breakfast, Kian made pancakes with strawberries and whipped cream. Farrah's little mouth was covered with juice. In her first year, Farrah had inherited her father's unruly black hair and sideways grin. Many times, her eyes mimicked his, not looking like a baby at all. Kian made some instruments for Farrah to play on, and they brought them out to the garden. Farrah played them rapturously.

After a quick clean up, Haley changed Farrah into the cutest out she could find.
"How do you like your outfit?" Haley asked. It was a pink romper with yellow polka dots. Farrah squealed at her reflection in the mirror.
Jac and Emma came over and Emma dropped her gift for the baby on the kitchen table. Then, all six of them headed to the zoo. Both Emma and Haley loved the tigers, and Farrah loved the petting zoo, where she got to pet a bunny.
It was later that afternoon that all the guests started coming, everyone bearing a gift.
They were getting ready to cut the cake when Haley pulled Kian aside.
"I was thinking, Farrah might like a little brother or sister." She said.
"So...?"
"I'm ready for another baby. No more precautions."
Kian smiled. They had discussed it on and off over the last year, but hadn't really thought about it.
He went to kiss her, and Haley put her fingertips on his lips.
"Tonight. Okay?"
"I can wait that long." Kian said, hugging her. "Come on, we got to wish our first one a happy birthday."
The candles were lit, and everyone was smiling. The Madani family and the Holby family were together, brought together by happiness.

The End