Chapter 15

They woke up early about two and a half months after the wedding. Kian had to go to work, but Haley had the day off. He wanted to make her a big breakfast so they could eat together before he left, but she groaned and covered her head with the blankets.
"What's wrong?" Kian asked her, concerned.
"Migraine." Haley moaned.
"Oh, sorry, honey." Kian answered, patting her back.
"I'll probably be okay in a few hours. I always sleep them off."
"Alright. I'll head to work. Text me later to let me know how you're doing." She never thought to tell him that she had thrown up that night, that it was just part of the migraine. It wasn't until later that she realized that she wasn't usually sick when she had one. She went to the bathroom and dug something out of the cabinet.
Kian got a text from Haley later that day. She was feeling a lot better and was going to make a big dinner for them.
When Kian got home that night, Haley had a full dinner all set up on the kitchen table; roast beef with mashed potatoes and roasted carrots.
"What's the occasion?" He asked.
Haley was beaming.
"I skipped this month."
"You told me once you were always irregular."
"This is different." She answered coyly.
Kian blinked, the words echoing in his head. She wasn't feeling well this morning and had skipped her period. It had to mean something. He felt a smile bursting on his face.
"You're....we're.....pregnant?"
"Yes!" She squealed. Kian swept her up into a strong embrace.
"This is awesome! When do you think......" Kian started to say.
"I used one of the tests that estimate how recently you conceived based on hormone variants. We might not be sure until we get a scan, but I think Little Kian came along during the honeymoon."
"Hoping for a boy already?" Kian teased.
It was hard to believe their lives were turning out the way they wanted. Haley was going to be a mother, and Kian was going to be a father. He was certain that this baby was going to be perfect.
"This is our first; I don't mind as long as it's healthy." She smiled, making her way over to him and kissing him.

"I'll schedule a scan at the hospital for when we go in together; I really want to be there." Kian said, already making plans for his schedule.
"I guess we can finally get that extra bedroom together." Haley said, trying to think of gender neutral nursery themes.
After dinner, they snuggled on the couch together, but were so happy that they could barely pay attention to the TV. They both went to bed, and Kian lay with his arms around Haley, their hands overlapping over her stomach.
"I love you so much, Haley. And now they'll be one more person to love in the house." Kian said, hugging her closer. He kissed her on the back of the head.
The Madani family was soon going to be a little bigger.