Chapter 11

The wedding day started like any other morning. Haley was going with Nicky to get her hair and makeup done, and then everyone was going to meet at the banquet hall for a formal ceremony and reception. Kian and Haley gave each other a quick kiss and left.
Kian got cleaned up and dressed for the wedding. He felt himself pacing. He was a bizarre mixture of happy, anxious and excited. Fletch walked in on him.
"Ready, mate?" He asked, giving him a friendly clap on the shoulder.
Kian took a deep breath.
"Yeah, I'm ready."

Haley couldn't stop looking at herself in the mirror in her wedding dress. For something old, she wore a pair of antique silver earrings that Kian's mum had sent over. Something new, a quartz bead bracelet. Something borrowed, a small necklace that Nicky had loaned her. For blue, an anklet that Emma had made one day when Haley was babysitting her.
Nicky walked up to her, interrupting Haley's daze.
"How you feeling, soon-to-be Mrs. Madani?" She teased.
Haley hugged her fondly.
"Amazing." She said. Sacha walked in just then, holding Emma's hand.
"Uncle Sacha! Haley looks beautiful!" Emma squealed, hugging Haley.

"Yes, it looks like we're going to have two princesses going down the aisle." Nicky said, handing Emma her flower girl basket. Jac came in to check on Emma. Though her eyes remained flat, she smiled.
"Emma was so excited about today, I had a difficult time getting her to bed last night." She said, watching her daughter twirl in her dress.

"You look beautiful." Jac said, admiring Haley in her dress.
Haley's eyes swelled up with tears.
"Really, I'm so happy."

"Ready, love?" Sacha asked, offering Haley his arm. Haley took a breath.
"Ready." She said, smiling.

The second the music started, Kian's eyes locked where Haley was supposed to walk down. She looked like she walked out of painting. Her hair was perfect. She didn't wear much makeup, but today she was beautiful.
Haley had never seen Kian so dressed up before. He was always a jeans and T-shirt guy. Now he was in a suit. Soft gray, the color they both had picked out. His scruff was replaced with a well trimmed beard, and he was wearing a gunmetal chain bracelet on his wrist with the tattoos.

Haley couldn't stop smiling.  She would always remember that his hands shook when he lifted her veil. The love and happiness all around her made her feel a little bit different. Everything was perfect that day.

They took hands as they joined each other up front. The vicar's words seemed to echo in their ears. Kian's wedding to Vanessa seemed like a lifetime ago. This was the right choice and he knew it. There was no hesitation now.
Standing there, he knew nothing else could compare. Her friends and family were smiling at them, especially Emma. The little girl couldn't wait to get to the reception. The moment he slid the ring onto Haley's finger, he knew that Haley was the love of his life. He would never lose her like he lost Vanessa and Bea. Despite the age gap, she could be older than her years and he younger than his. He smiled at her and she at him. They were in love.
Eventually, the music finished and it was time to celebrate.
The reception was a busy and lively one. Haley and Kian slow-danced to their favorite romantic music, before Emma asked to dance with the groom of course. First, Haley and Kian cut the cake. They spent a few minutes talking with her relatives, remembering all the good times and congratulating them. Then it was time for the photos. Haley tossed the bouquet, and Nicky caught it. It was over before anyone knew it. Glowing with love and happiness, they went home as Mr. and Mrs. Madani.