𝙘𝙝𝙖𝙥𝙩𝙚𝙧 𝙚𝙡𝙚𝙫𝙚𝙣

with closed eyes, your brows furrowed when a liquid substance suddenly splashed on your face.

slowly opening your eyes, you were greeted by the blue sky.

"are you sleeping?" a voice spoke from your side causing you to turn your head and met a pair of emerald orbs. eren placed a hand underneath the long floatie that you're laying in while his other one made its way to your hand. holding it tight.

"let go, you're wet" you whined, ignoring the weird tingling sensation on your stomach. "and no, im not sleeping" you were clearly napping. "i was just closing my eyes"

"uh-huh" he raised a mocking brow at you and ignored your protests. his hold on your hand only tightened and slowly, he laced your fingers.

you sighed, giving in. your tired eyes fixed at his face, trying to memorize all his features as his thumb started gently rubbing the surface of your hand as he too, stared at you.

beautiful. eren thought as a small smile forms on his face. only to quickly vanish when a bald individual's loud voice reached his ears.

"hey, eren!" the eye contact between the two of you was broken by a yell. "pause your flirting session and come here. i found something!" yelled a man, who you now knew as connie. you remembered, he's also an island staff. the one who helped carry your luggages when you first arrived here.

"go" you whispered, but loud enough for the brown head to heard.

retreating his hand that was holding yours, your fingers immediately felt cold. of course, you didn't show it and only smiled.

"hmm, you better join me swim when i return" he whispered, fingers dangling through his long, wet hair.

his hair is currently not on its usual bun. but instead, he just let it down. wet brown hair that stopped on his shoulders with long baby hairs staying on the sides.

he looked breathtaking.

when eren swam towards connie's direction, which is quite far from you and the restaurant, you sat up on your floatie.

you slightly pointed your head down to gather all your hair and with the black hair tie in your wrist, you tied it in a messy bun.

your eyes then looked around. in the middle of the blue sea water, the shore of the island was quite far as four jet skis are tied by a long rope beside the restaurant.

"y/n~" a woman's voice pulled you away from your trance. "want some?" a brown haired female, hair tied in a ponytail while standing on the edge of the ground of the restaurant, offered you a box of cupcakes.

the cake looked like it's chocolate with its icing being plain white. your mouth watered.

in a quick move, you spread your legs and dipped them on either sides of your floatie and did a pedalling motion to move it close to sasha.

"thank you" you smiled at her, eyes twinkling in delight as you took a bite of a cupcake.

she bounced you back a smile. "yummy, right?" you eagerly nodded.

"did niccolo made these?" a grin formed on the female's face as the mention of her boyfriend.

earlier, when you and eren arrived here, sasha and connie were already eating. the two bickered, throwing blames on each other saying the other one ate first and the latter followed.

eren said you'll get used to them soon and you shrugged it. the two of you joined them to eat. sasha pushed eren to sit beside you. she was the one who initiated the conversation and you two clicked.

you could tell the girl was an extreme extrovert as you just started talking yet she's already telling you her secrets, past relationships and juicy gossips.

"yup" she nodded her head aggressively. your eyes then dropped to an icing on the corner of her lip as she opened her mouth and started talking about the said male.

"i helped him mix the flo-" your fingers made its way to the side of her lip, wiping the icing with your thumb.

"hmm, you helped him mix the flour?" you dipped your thumb on the sea and returned to her tale.

"y-yeah" she blinked a few times before chuckling.

_______

"eren, no! i can't swim!" you screamed, arms wrapping tightly around his bare neck as he held you by the waist, pulling you down from your floatie.

"trust me, babe" eren whispered against your ear as you quickly wrapped your legs around his waist. "i won't let you drown" he chuckled.

"don't chuckle at me, you brute. im legit scared" you murmured and quickly closed your eyes feeling the sea water reach your neck as your hold on eren tightened.

you took off your oversized shirt earlier and is now only in your white tube top and black dolphin shorts.

"ouch, baby. you're choking me" his left hand rubbed on your back as his right hand moves in circular motion on the water, to stay afloat.

the sun has now set making you even more scared.

what if a creature will pull our legs?

it's only me, eren, connie and sasha here. and connie and sasha are eating again in the restaurant, they won't notice or would hear our screams.

"you're overthinking. stop that, love"

forcing your head to look up at the male, you whimpered. "im scared"

aside from not knowing how to swim, the thought of what's hiding under the deep water scares the fuck out of you.

nodding his head, understanding, eren placed a kiss on your forehead. "do you want to go back to your floatie?" you nodded.

and in just a minute or two, eren placed his hands on your waist, making you sit back on your dear floatie.

"ah, thank you. fuck, that almost made me cry" scaredy-cat mode off, you laughed and rested your hands on eren's shoulders as he made himself comfortable between your legs.

emerald orbs to your ones, the two of you caught yourselves having a staring battle again. "your eyes are really pretty" you blurted out, head subconsciously leaning down as you're much higher because of sitting in the floatie.

"yours look magical" he stated back, teeth making its way to his bottom lip, slightly biting. "pfft, magical?" your lips broke in a wide smile.

"yeah" he nodded seriously. "you look ethereal in my eyes, love"

"bold of you to assume i know what ethereal means"

he raised a brow at you. you mirrored his expression.

"just kidding, bro! im not that dumb" you chuckled, waving your hands in front of his face.

but your chuckle died down and eyes widened in surprise when eren's right hand made its way on the back of your head, clashing his lips into yours.

you were taken aback for a second feeling your heart palpitate before slowly closing your eyes and placed your hands on his wet shoulders. 

lips moving in sync. you could hear your heart wanting to get out of your chest.

more butterflies continued to fly inside your stomach as eren's left hand crawled towards your hand on his shoulder and intertwined your fingers as he deepened the kiss

his tongue wet your lower lip, asking for entrance that you quickly gave. your tongues fought, in which eren obviously won before you slightly pushed his chest away, eren quickly stopped kissing you. "hmm?"

"oh wow" you placed your free hand on your chest, catching your breath.

as the fast pace of your heart slightly calmed down, you gave eren a teasing smile. "you just kissed yourself an ethereal beauty, jaeger"

eren's lips were glossy as he smirked at you.

"and im about to do it again, love"