Part 2

This part starts at the very start of the last part however it's from hayleys pov.

Hayleys POV:

As I walked out the shower I heard footsteps coming into my room. I was certain they were klaus lap dogs so I hid behind the shower door. I couldn't see or hear them so I used my new hearing ability to listen to them. That was when I heard his voice. The voice I was trying desperately not to think about because I had to stay faithful to Jackson even if I didn't love him the same way I loved Elijah... I had trailed off into my thoughts until I heard those words 'even if it's not me your marrying' I could hear the heartbreak in his voice and I knew I couldn't come out of hiding yet because he would be embarrassed and wouldn't see me for a while.

As I walked down the stairs we met eyes and I felt my stomach drop. I could tell he knew I heard what he said. After klaus left us I turned to him "hey" I said trying not to sound as awkward as I felt.
"Hey how is life in the bayou"
"It's alright although I miss everyone here I miss cami, I miss klaus... and I miss you"
"Yes well I've missed you and hope too" I could tell that he missed me as much as i missed him.
"I want to talk to you about something Elijah"
"Yes what's wrong?" He knew what I wanted to talk about.

Elijahs POV:

I knew what she was talking about but I tried to play it dumb until she brought up the subject herself. "I was in the room and I heard what you said..." I knew she was going to say that but hearing it felt a lot more surreal. I felt embarrassed. "Hayley please know if I knew you were in the room i wouldn't of said anything and I'm sorry" "why" she replied I could tell she was getting fed up of neither of us being forward with each other. " are you sorry you said it... or just sorry I heard" as she said those words I turned around and built up the courage to reply.

"neither" as I turned back around she was shocked by my reply. "I'm not sorry I said it Hayley because it's true and I'm also not sorry you heard because for the past few weeks I've been letting everything out in your room and I always had the slight hope one day you would hear me" I stopped myself before I could say anymore and I went to walk away until she grabbed my arm.

"What are you doing Hayley"
She looked at me and then kissed me i let myself enjoy the peace for a moment and then pulled away. "Don't..." I said softly "don't what" she replied "Hayley don't kiss me the night before your wedding because it makes the whole situation so much harder for both of us".
" I know Elijah I'm sorry but I had to show you how I feel" I couldn't find the right words to respond to her.

"Elijah I'm sorry your going thorough this but please know that I'm going through it too". She looked at me and then carried on with her speech " I know you feel awful and so do I. I have to marry the man I don't love while the man I do has to watch" I was shocked by her words it was the first time she told me she loved me. I hugged her tightly "don't worry about me I'll be fine" she could tell I was lying.

I kissed her forehead and made my way to leave her room until I heard her "Elijah can you please stay with me tonight" I nodded and made my way over to her bed. As I sat down she pulled my arm over her chest. We was talking about how klaus was drunk again and how he couldn't stand straight and she fell asleep in my arms. I lay there for a moment realising this is what I had been dreaming about for the past year even if I imagined it differently I was still happy and something told me so was she.