Part 11

Elijah's POV:

I look over at Hayley and she catches my gaze she looked hurt and then I remember what I said to her.
"Hayley..." She turned to look at me
"Yes?"
"Hayley it's gone. The pain it's gone" i say while smiling but she doesn't seem as amused
"I'm glad" she said while giving a faint smile
"I'm sorry for..." I was going to apologise in every way I knew how but she stopped me.
"Don't worry. It's not like you didn't mean any of it" she responded
"Hayley that's the thing I didn't mean any of it please"
"They are back you should greet them" she sighed as she walked out of the room

Shannon's POV:

As we walk back into the compound klaus is the first to greet us
"What happened?"
"She's gone klaus I'm sorry" I replied. He sighed and then looked at both of us
"She hurt my brother she deserved it"
He and abbey make there way upstairs and I turn around at the sound of a heart beat.
"Shannon your bleeding what happened?" He walked over to me and placed his hand on my face while looking at my wound in my chest.
"It was laced with vervain I'll be fine once it heals" I say as I take a seat on the sofa. He follows me and sits on the coffee table opposite me
"Are you okay?"
"I told you I'm fine kol... thanks"
"Of course. Shannon we need to talk..."
"I know but just not right now. Can we just enjoy one day with no drama" I sighed
"Sure" he looked at me and kissed me on the cheek.
"I have one question though?"
"What's up" I was rather curious
"Could I stay here from now on. Mother is rather annoyed with me for abandoning her plan"
"Sure but I'm not sure there are any rooms..."
he looked at me and I realised what he meant
"You can stay with me if you wish." He looked happy and hugged me.

An hour later.

Shannon's POV:

I wanted to see how Elijah was doing after everything so I walked into his room and he was sitting on the bed with his hands on his head. He looked annoyed and hurt.
"Elijah hey how are you?"
"Better than ever" he joked
"Ah I can only imagine. I came to see how you are"
"Well let's see Hayley won't talk to me and I don't blame her"
"What happened this time? What did you say"
"What didn't I say" he laughed to mask the heart break
"So are you still planning on..." I was about to finish and then he Interrupted me
"I can't Shannon she won't accept it" he sighed and a singular tear dropped from his face as he handed me it and walked out to get some air. I looked down at the box in my hand and opened it... it was a beauty and I had wondered where he picked out a ring that suited Hayley so much.

Later that evening

Shannon's POV:

Everyone was in the living room and they wanted to play a game of truth or dare. Elijah was still upset but was trying to hide it with bourbon as was Hayley.
"So who's going first" klaus questioned us all
"I will" I eagerly volunteered
"Shannon truth or dare" klaus asked me
"Dare"
"I dare you to... kiss Kol" he grinned and winked at me. I walked over to Kol and put my hand on his face as I pulled him in for a kiss. I was drunk enough to accept the offer and I was also drunk enough to admit to myself it's what I wanted anyways. I pulled away and I could see the smile on his face and it made me happy.
"Okay now Hayley your turn" klaus grinned
"Truth" she replied
"Who is the most attractive person you have ever slept with" he grinned
"Well I would say you but after all this is called truth or dare" she laughed and then turned back to klaus.
"Elijah..." she said softly
"He looked over at her for the first time all night and let out a faint smile
"Wow clearly your blind" klaus laughed. He was in a menacing mood clearly.
"Okay Elijah your turn"
"Truth"
"What's the last thing you did with Shannon" klaus asked not realising the importance of what the last thing was. Elijah looked at me and back to the others
"I gave her something important which I no longer needed" He sighed and shot a side glance to Hayley but no one noticed other than me.
"What was it? Who's was it?" Klaus asked
"Brother I answered your question" Elijah replied
"Your clearly hiding something fess up..." klaus laughed
"It was nothing that concerns you"
Klaus turned to me.
"Shannon truth or dare"
"Dare"
"I dare you to tell me what it was that he gave you..."
"It's not my place klaus... just stay out of it"
"I'm done with this game" Elijah murmured before getting up and leaving the room.
"What did I do?" Klaus asked
"Klaus just leave it alone he will tell people when he's ready it was already hard enough him giving it to me and not someone else..." I got up to go into my room.

Elijahs POV:

I walk into my room and throw my glass of bourbon into the fire. I'm glad Shannon didn't tell anyone what it was, she wouldn't do that to me.
"Elijah what's wrong" Hayley says as she walks into the room.
"Nothing Hayley go and have fun" I reply as I take a seat on the sofa in my room.
"Tell me what happened with Shannon... it's clearly bothering you" she took a seat next to me.
"It doesn't matter" it did matter but I didn't want to tell her
"Elijah what did Shannon mean you gave it to her and not someone else?"
"Hayley please" I took her hand "it doesn't matter anymore..."
"Are you sure you seemed upset"
"I'm fine but Hayley I'm sorry for earlier I didn't mean any of it"
"It's okay elijah I know it was just the compulsion" we met eyes and everything else faded for a few moments.
"Well I'll be here if you need me" I grabbed the bourbon and another glass and relaxed into the sofa while she stood up still confused and left me alone. I want to try forget my love for her because it brings me pain to be around her, just as much pain as it does when I'm not near her too... it's going to be very hard but I must try...

Shannon's POV:

I felt really bad for Elijah and wanted to go comfort him but I could hear him and Hayley talking so I left it. I walked over to my wardrobe and pulled my shirt over my head. I put on a pair of black joggers and walked over to my bed. Then I heard a knock on my door.
"Come in?"
"Hey shan... you okay?" Kol walked in and then I remembered I said he could share my bed with me.
"Oh kol hey. I'm okay I just feel bad for Elijah"
"Yeah it was weird wasn't it" he asked, knowing I can't tell him. I walked back over to my wardrobe to grab a shirt.
"Kol I"
"I know you can't tell me it's fine" he smiled
"Okay, thanks for understanding"
"Of course" he walked over to my desk and took his shirt off
"You still sure it's alright if I stay here?"
"Yeah it's fine" he walked over to my bed and got inside next to me
"Goodnight" he said as he placed a kiss on my temple
"Night Kol".