Part 13

Shannon's POV:

Me and kol were sitting in the kitchen. Kol was cooking waffles for everyone and I was sitting on the counter watching him. All of a sudden klaus and abbey are being rushed into the kitchen by Elijah and Hayley.
"What's all this?" I asked
"Okay so we have something to tell you all but you must promise not to act on it..."
"You finally told each other how you feel!" Klaus celebrated
"What... no niklaus please listen"
"So..." Hayley said
"Okay just tell us I'm intrigued now" abbey laughed
"Someone made it look like Elijah slept with a woman to try... make me Jealous" Hayley sighed
"WHO DID IT!" I shouted
"Jackson..." Elijah muttered
"What?!" Abbey asked
"I'm going to kill him!" Kol said
"Me too" klaus added
"Me three" I added
"Me four" abbey added
"No you said you wouldn't act on it. Let Hayley and me deal with him..." Elijah said as he walked away and I followed him leaving Hayley to try her best to persuade the rest to not act on it.
"Elijah?" I said as I caught up to him
"Yes?"
"What are you doing?"
"Going back to my room Shan"
"Really? That's your response"
"Response to what?"
"You know full well what!" He looked at me and motioned for me to carry on
"The woman you love was crying because she thought you slept with another woman and your not doing anything about it. I'm even more confused on how Jackson is still breathing!"
"Shan she will never forgive me if I kill him. Don't you think I want to?"
"Elijah..."
"Shannon please can we talk about it when I don't want to rip his head off"
"Okay i need to be distracted before i do something I will not regret" I joked

I walked back to the others and pulled Hayley in a tight hug.
"What was that for?" She laughed
"Because i know how much pain it brings you too see Elijah sad and worked up but I also know how responsible you feel for Jackson's actions" she smiled and hugged me again and sobbed a little into my shoulder.
"Thank you for being the only one other than Elijah to understand"
"Always and forever" I whispered so only she could hear
"Okay now Hayley I'm coming with you"
"What do you mean?" She questioned
"I'm coming to talk to Jackson with you"
"Shannon no you will do something you regret"
"I promise Hayley I just want to be there for you"
"Okay let's go" she gave into me because she knew I wouldn't give up.

When we reached the bayou she knocked on Jackson's Cabin.
"Hayley?" He asked
"Hey jacks" she said as she backed him into the corner
"What did I do?" He questioned
"You know what!" I added
"Oh you mean pathetic little Elijah" i clenched my fist into a ball as he spoke
"Jacks why?"
"Because he stole you from me!"
"You were never hers get over it..." kol said as he appeared behind me.
"Kol?" I asked
"Couldn't leave you behind to deal with... this alone could I" I smiled at him and when he saw my hand in a fist he grabbed my hand and calmed me down
"She was mine until that worthless man whore came along and took her... I have ordered people to find the white oak stake and kill him" Jackson laughed. I was about to hit him when Hayley's fist swung at his face and caused him to spin around. Kol laughed and Jackson went to hit kol before I stepped in front of him and blocked his punch with my face and then pushed him over with a fell swoop of my hand it left a mark on my face but what happened to him was worse.
"Let's go before I do something I REGRET!" Hayley mocked her earlier words
"Your right" kol suggested as we stepped over Jackson's unconscious body and left him there to wake up and realise what he had done. He had started a war with the most powerful family known to man. The originals!

Elijah's POV:

I walked downstairs because Hayley was nowhere to be found. As I got to the bottom of the stairs I saw Shannon,kol and Hayley walk in. Shannon had a black eye.
"Omg Shan? What happened to you?"
"Jackson..."she said
"You went to him?" I asked turning to Hayley
"Yes"
"And she punched him it was epic" kol laughed
"You did what?"
"I punched him okay? I'll be in my room" Hayley said before walking up to her room
"What happened?" I asked still watching her walk away
"She is upset go comfort her" kol said before turning to Shannon to sooth her face, he placed cream on it. I look back at Shannon and then back to the stairs. Kol was taking care of her she would be fine I know it. I made my way to Hayley's room and she was sat on the bed. She looked up at me from the bathroom where she was washing the blood off her fist.
"What happened?" I asked
"Elijah..." she looked sorry for me and I had no clue why
"Hayley what's wrong?" She grabbed a towel to dry her hand then she grabbed my hand and led me towards her bed. By now I was very confused.
"Jackson said something... and I'm scared"
"Hayley you know I won't let him hurt you..." I responded almost immediately
"It's not me I'm worried about" she said as she squeezed my hand. I looked at her and then she continued to explain.
"Apparently he's ordered people to find..." she started to cry.
"Hayley what happened out there?"
"To find the white oak stake and kill you" she said as she leaned into my shirt and started to cry harder
"Hayley he won't find it I hid it somewhere he would never look" She was still crying so I supported her head and stroked her back. She looked up at me and was staring into my eyes for what seemed like forever however it was only 6 seconds. She kissed me and it caught me by surprise. I pulled away because she was confusing me.
"Hayley I thought..."
"Elijah you could die today..."
"But I won't Hayley I'm an original"
"What about me? I could die"
"I don't want to think about that Hayley..." I sighed.
"Yes but still Elijah, we have to make the most of our time so I don't want to spend it convincing myself to not do anything. I would rather live in the moment" I smiled at her and quickly kissed her back. She smiled into the kiss and for once in our chaotic lives we forgot everything else and we finally felt whole. She pulled back and smiled at me.
"Elijah I need to speak to Shannon because I want her to do me a favour"
"Okay then I'll be in my room if you need me" I kissed her softly and we both made our way in separate directions.