Part 14

Elijahs POV:

I turn to Hayley and back to Shannon.
"Shan can I speak to you?"
"Sure" we walk out my room away from everyone else. I smile to her and she hugs me.
"I'm going to be a dad?"
"Yes Elijah" she smiles. She knew that in my 1000 years of life that's all I wanted and to have it with Hayley made it 10x more special.
"I'll get her a test okay? You go deal with Jackson" Shannon says before hugging me again. I vamp speed all the way to the bayou where Jackson no doubt was waiting for me.
I saw him and I grabbed his throat and someone comes behind me and pushes a stake through my heart.

Hayley's POV:

"So how do you feel?" Kol asks me
"Shocked but I feel happy I suppose" I say as Shannon comes back inside.
"Elijah has gone... to urm do something" she says.
"Where has he gone?" I ask now scared for him
"Don't worry" she smiles at me. Everyone gathers around me and they all hug me and the only person left is Shannon with a pregnancy test in her hand.
"Shan?" I say as she sits next to me.
"Yes?"
"Is he okay"
"He's over the moon, he can't wait to start a family with you, this is all he's wanted in 1000 years" she says and I feel a tear fall down my face. All of a sudden I hear arguing downstairs. We look at each other and make our way down to see what's going on.

"Jackson?" I say as I see him with blood all over him
"Hayley I'm sorry I tried..." Jackson said as he dropped to the floor
"What did you do to him!" Shannon shouted
"What do you mean?" I asked
"Elijah... went to see Jackson" Shannon sighed
"Hayley I'm so sorry I couldn't stop her" Jackson said
"Where is he jack?" I ask now worried
"He's... gone" he said and I felt my heart drop... he can't be gone I drop to the floor.
"NO!" Shannon says as she breaks down. Kol walks in
"Shannon what's up?" He asks and she runs over to him and hugs him.
"He's gone kol" she cries. Klaus and abbey walk in at this moment
"What do you mean he's gone?" Kol asks
"he's- he's... dead..." Shannon cries.
"He can't be" klaus says and it's the first time I've seen him cry.
"I'll kill you" Shannon says as she grabs Jackson by the throat
"Shan stop" I said as I pushed her off of Jackson.
"Oh come on Hayley it's obvious he killed him!" She shouted.

Shannon runs out the compound and kol isn't far behind her. After Jackson leaves I make my way up to bed. I walk past his room and I break down. I can't stop my tears. I grab my big teddy that Elijah had won at the carnival for me and I open his draws to look for one of his shirts to put over it so it was as if he was in bed next to me. I grab his only t-shirt and as I pick it out a box falls from his draw. I pick it up and realise it was the ring he was going to give me. I cry but try to not make any noise to wake klaus up. I open the box and the ring is beautiful. I take the ring out of the box and place Elijah's shirt over the teddy and walk over to his bed and get inside it. "I love you Elijah Mikaelson" I whisper still crying hard as I place the ring on my finger to remind me always of my love for him. I lay against the teddy and his shirt smells of him. After 10 minutes of straight crying and reminiscing I finally fall asleep.

Elijah's funeral:

As we all make our way into the church I hold back my tears at least until the speeches start.
First up is klaus.
"Elijah was my closest friend, in our 1000 years together he was always by my side to clean up my messes and it brings me great pain to realise he never got the happiness he deserved because he was so focused on me and my redemption" a single tear drops from klaus face.
"Anyways to Elijah, the noble brother, best friend and closest companion" klaus says now with tears falling onto his perfect shirt. Next up was abbey.
"I haven't know Elijah for that long but when I first met him we clicked instantly. After our second conversation he told me that he can't wait to be my brother in law..." abbey had tears falling down her face "Elijah was always there for everyone before himself. He knew what and who he wanted but he was focused on everyone else's feelings" she stepped off the floor and made her way back to the seats. Next was Shannon. I could tell this would be hard on her.
"Where do I start..." she said with tears already forming "Elijah was my best friend since the moment we met, he was so caring for everyone else around him, stranger or not. Him and his family took me in as if I was already a Mikaelson. Elijah held our family together he was the glue and it brought him happiness to be there. In this past year that I have been back he was going to be a dad and I can't wait to tell my nephew how great his dad was" Shannon walked off and now it was my turn. I was already crying before I stood up.
"When I first met Elijah he promised he would keep me safe... and he did. He made everyone else feel safe, we both quickly fell in love and even though we wouldn't admit it we both knew how each other felt" I looked down at my hand where the ring was. "He was going to propose to me and start a family with Me" I began crying heavily. "I don't know where he is on the other side but Elijah just know that we will always love you" I walk off and klaus stood up crying and pulled me in for a hug.
"He loved you more than anyone" he whispered in my ear and I started crying harder. After the rest of the speeches i went home and got in Elijah's bed, I placed his shirt on and sprayed his bed with his aftershave so it was as if he never died...

A/N: here is a bit of background for the rest of this part. It has been 3 months since Elijah's death and Hayley and klaus decided it would be better if Hayley married Jackson for her wolfs and her child's guaranteed safety so hope can too come home. This is Hayley's wedding day.

Hayley's POV:

I'm sitting in Elijah's room still staring in the mirror. I'm all ready and have to be downstairs in 3 minutes. I look down at my hand and imagine my wedding day with the love of my life. I don't love Jackson and he knows that. I move my ring from Elijah onto my index finger so Jackson's ring will fit on my finger. Shannon walks in and tells me it's time.
"Hayley..." she whispers
"Yes?"
"I'm sorry" she sighs
"For what?"
"I can only imagine how hard this is" she cries
"Don't make me cry Shan I've just put my makeup on" I laugh holding back tears
"He would be proud of you" she smiles. I look back at her and a tear drops down my face. Luckily she wipes it away before it ruins my makeup.
"You look beautiful" I smile at her and she walks me downstairs to the isle.
At the end of the isle I close my eyes and imagine Elijah being there. I open them and remember it can never happen.

Klaus POV:

As Hayley walks down the isle I can't help but feel happy for her but sad aswell. She doesn't want this I know it but she feels she has to do it for everyone else. I begin to listen to kol who is officiating the wedding.
"Before I start do we have any objections?"
I think to myself and go to stand up until abbey pulls me back down.
"Klaus..." she says
"I know I know" I say
"It shouldn't be Jackson it should be..." I'm cut off by Hayley speaking
"Elijah?" She asks
"Exactly!" I whisper until I comprehend what happened
"Wait what?" I ask looking up at Hayley and kol who are staring at the isle with utter shock. I turn around and that's when I see him. It's Elijah he's alive!!!

Hayley's POV:

"Do we have any objections" Kol asks and as he does I hear the door open, I turn around and I see Elijah...
"Elijah?" I ask. He walks down the isle towards me but stops halfway. He seems like he's in great pain. Everyone turns around and Shannon is the first up.
"Elijah?" She asks crying. She runs up to him and wraps her hands around his back. He hugs her back but doesn't keep his eyes off me.
"Hayley..." he says as he falls to his knees. I run over to him and hug him and then I remembered he's supposed to be dead.
"Elijah" I cry into his shirt.
"Your supposed to be dead" I cry. He looked at me and admired my face for a moment. I saw all the marks on his body.
"Elijah...? What happened to you?" I ask
"Jackson" he replies
"I KNEW IT!" Shannon shouts. I turn to her.
"Shannon I'm so sorry I didn't believe you..."
"It's fine Hayley... let's get him home though"
She says as kol and klaus pick Elijah up and we all walk to his room. Jackson is no where to be found. Kol and klaus place him on his bed and turn to me.
"We will leave you to talk" Kol said as he smiles at me.
"Elijah are you okay?" I ask as I sit next to him on the bed. He can tell that I've been in his room.
"I'm fine now" he says as he leans his forehead on mine. He grabs my hands and places then in his but pulls my right hand back up and looks at it. He notices I'm wearing his ring. He looks at me and smiles.
"Your wearing it" he smiles
"Of course I've worn it since the night I thought you was dead" I cry
"Show me..." he said as tears formed in his eyes
"I grab his hand a let him enter my thoughts"
He looks at me and begins to cry.
"Hayley I'm so sorry I put you through this..."
he cries
"It wasn't you"
"When I see Jackson I'm going to kill him" I say now with utter rage in my body. He looks at my stomach and smiles.
"Your showing" he smiles. I look at him and smile back
"Want to know the gender?" I ask him and he smiles at me
"Yes!"
"It's a boy" i say and his face lights up. He looks at me and kisses me.
"I thought I would never feel that again" I say to him
"Me neither" he says as he lays back in his bed. I get up to get changed. I put on the shirt I've been wearing for 3 months. He looks at me and smiles as I get into bed next to him.
He rests his head on my chest and I forget the last 3 months of pain and nonstop crying. I finally feel whole again.
"You smell like me" he laughs. I kiss his head and play with his hair and after he falls asleep I lay there and watch him sleep for hours.