●Chapter 12●

Rakshit

There was a time when I cared the least but that time long since passed away. Since the very first day I saw I knew she was the only one I would like to care for the most in my life besides my family.

She was meant to be a part of my family.

"Jokes and taunts apart, I want to ask you something" I kept repeating the question over and over again, each time the audio decreasing but not the emotions that laid somewhere opened up behind it.

Looking at Lavanya who stood behind Aryan for support at this moment, I positioned Drishti on the bed and kissed her forehead before adjusting the blanket over her.

"I have informed the doctors that I want to tale her back home. We'll be leaving shortly" The Mansion was somewhere where I could trust that she would be safe inside for the time being.

The fear that creeped into me at that moment when I came to know about her being hospitalized was still visible on face so I decided to go and wash it. As I was walking out of the room, Aryan held me my arm and pulled me back to meet him eye to eye.

"You good?" he asked coldly.

"Yeah" I replied and went inside outside.

....

NIGHT

Drishti was compeld to rest in her room by her sister who later joined us for talk over the question I had in my mind.

"Why did she laugh?" I asked Lavanya who seemed zoned out of the moment. "Lavanya?" I shook her.

"Yeah what?"

"I asked you why did she laugh? She was shot but she still laughed after waving me a hello" Aryan held a pillow under his chin and laid on his stomach on the bed, listening to the conversations.

"I don't know" she mumbled before sitting on the bed and playing with her hands, the 'I-am-not-interested' type of playing.

"Lavanya please! There's no reason known to me that could explain her behavior. I want to know of something is wrong with her" I asked her again and this time, politely. "I know something is wrong, so don't say that everything is alright. Stop pretending for your sister's sake"

"Nothing is wrong with her" she said, rubbing her hands inattentively.

"Both of your lives are in danger, you know that, right?" I said and watched her expressions grow more attentive every minute. "You are hiding something from us, aren't you?"

Lavanya flinched at her place and gave me a cold look before looking at Aryan.
"If you know that something is wrong then also I can't tell you. I'm sorry"

"Why?"Aryan the great finally gave his tongue the permission to speak.

"It's just good for everyone of us that we don't discuss about it. Even you have kept certain secrets, Have I ever asked you about them?"

"Fine then! Don't tell!" Aryan fell on the bed again like a dead body and started stretching himself. She could tell us what we were trying to find but Aryan was feeling sleepy so didn't try questioning her.

"It's important to us Lavanya, tell us what you know" I was not going to use the word please, I still had my self respect of being a bad person with me.