●Chapter 15●

Congratulations! I forgot the line. Imma create a new one now

▪︎Drishti▪︎

As soon as Rakshit left the room I took my phone and gaped at the screen, my lips ready to reach my ears in happiness.

I checked the call log and dialed his number. He must be angry because I did not answer his call the first time but it was not possible in front of Rakshit. The bell was ringing so I waited for him to pick up.

La would be mad at me if she knew I called him and Rakshit would not like it I suppose. La forbade me to call him but I would call him secretly when she was not around. Just because she did not trust him like our parents did, did not mean that he was bad. Moreover he helped me when I made that mistake, which turned me into a monster for the people who were present there.

Rakshit might not like the idea of me calling another man because he acted highly possessive and careful around me. Even he told me to keep our talks a secret from Rakshit.

"Dri?" The voice over the phone answered. It took me no time to realize that it was him.

"Hi, it's me!" I squealed joyfully. After that time in the hospital, I was talking to him now.

"Oh god, you scared me. Are you okay?" His voice softened like it always did when he was around me. I could understand his concern towards me after I was shot in the leg.

"Yes I'm okay Sid" I laughed over the phone, used to his care and attention.

"You are laughing? Oh god, what can I do about you?" He sighed "Oh and ny the way, why the hell did you not pick up when I called earlier?"

His voice sounded strict and demanding. There was no use in lying to him because Siddharth Mishra was too clever to be fooled, especially by me.

"Actually Sid, Rakshit was with me" Confessing his love for me but what could I have said, I had started feeling comfortable around him but love was not the feeling I could say I felt for him.

He loved me but I didn't, yet.

"That bloody-"

"Sid please, he's not that bad. Stop taking him as your enemy. He is my friend now so you better start taking him as your friend too or else don't ever call me again" I was defending Rakshit in front of Sid, which he would not like but he will show that he was okay with this friendship just because of me. "And you know that you promised you won't ever curse in front of me"

"Alright Dri, I'm sorry. Just don't be mad at me"

"I can never be mad at you Sid" I sighed "But I miss you"

"I miss you too Dri. I wish I could meet you but your sister won't let me get close to you. She still doesn't like me, does she?"

"She doesn't" Lavanya and Siddhartha were more like enemies. Siddharth would try befriending Lavanya for me but Lavanya would never do that.

"Hey, don't be upset. I promise I will make everything right and then we will live happily" I smiled at his promise and asked him if he was saying the truth "I promise Dri. I promise. Now I gotta go. Have some work to do. I love you"

"Ok bye. Take care and I love you too" I tried to not sound upset but my body failed me.

"You need to stop doing that. You know I don't like it when I see or hear you being upset. I had a little surprise for you but looks like you won't let it be a surprise. I will be coming to meet you when you will be okay. Rakshit has invited me to dinner at his house. But make sure that you act like you don't know me" He finished.

I screamed so loudly that anyone outside the room could easily listen to it and think I had lost my mind.

"Oh god! Thank you so much Siddharth. You're the best brother ever!" I mentally slapped myself for the little screams later on and covered my face in the pillow beside me.

"Thanks Dri" he must have smiled behind the screen I guess and cut the call.

Siddharth and Praniti were our first cousins but our families were not friends. We all used to live together when we were children but later tore apart because Sid mistakenly pushed grandpa from the stairs due to which he died. Even if Sid was a kid and did not intentionally do it, our families decided to split, blaming grandpa's death on him.

La hated him for that. For tearing our families apart. She would never let me talk to him but Sid always told me that I was his favorite sister, because I was the youngest. I was Praniti's favorite too until she found that her brother loved me the most.

As for me, I loved them all equally. We were all siblings but due to one reason or other, we were torn apart.

Sid told me that Rakshit did not like him when he came to meet me in the hospital, so I should not tell him about us. My brother was never wrong, so I obeyed him and never talked to Rakshit about Sid.

Speaking of Rakshit, I did not know if he was truly in love with me or I was just a time pass sort of thing for him. 

La told me that I should stay a little careful when around him. He was not bad but precautions would never hurt.

Overly excited about meeting my brother again, I left the room on my wheelchair and started screaming for someone to help me go downstairs.

I was never lucky

Nobody came so I decided to take the matter in my own hands. I slipped down from the chair and positioned myself on the staircase, ready for a slide down them.

"Here we go" I whispered to myself, trying to sound excited but all that I felt was sheer nervousness.

Instead of sliding down at an instant, I slided down the steps one by one which took me ten minutes to descend down the entire staircase. "At last!" I smiled at my victory before realizing there was no way to get up now.

Great!

"Not you doing crazy things again" My eyes lit at an instant when I saw the silhouette of a man standing near the staircase.

"Rakshit!" I gasped. Clasping my hands together I looked at the devil in shining armor and forwarded my arms towards him. He definitely had to pick me.

"Oh I'm not picking you up"  he nodded his head in disapproval as my jaw dropped at his denial "Who asked you to experiment with your leg? Can't you see you are hurt?"

He came forward and leaned in front of me. To be honest it felt like a child when he was scolding me for being careless and not taking proper rest along with the threat that he would break my leg himself if I dared to come out of the bed now.

"But I was hungry!" The last time I ate anything was an hour ago.

"You're so hungry all the time, how could you possibly eat this much" Believe me when I say this, I ask myself this question pretty much all the time.

"I don't know. All I know is that I'm hungry and I can't walk to the kitchen" I folded my arms across my chest, glaring at Rakshit for not helping me. "Aren't you supposed to carry me or something?" That's what lover boys do and he said he loved me.

Injustice everywhere

"Whatever" he rolled his eyes before picking me up in bridal style and carrying me towards the kitchen. "Next time you need any help, you have to call me and if I'm not there, just wait"

Well, he wasn't that bad