●Chapter 18●

Rakshit's POV:

Something had terrified Drishti back there, so badly that she kept crying saying it was just an accident and at the end she slept in the car.

As soon as we reached home, I picked her from the back seat of the car and carried her inside, being careful enough not to wake her up.

All thanks to the devil that Aryan and Lavanya were in the office, or one would have witnessed my head being detached from my body. Lavanya was her sister, a pretty psychopath kind of overprotective one, so her care was obvious.

Then ladies and gentlemen, we talk of my brother who seemed to love her more than he loved me. Anything that came out of Drishti's mouth was Aryan's command. I had to argue with him for an entire week about the Mishra's after he forgave me and we started talking back like used to.

One complaint from Drishti and Aryan was put of his senses. I got elbowed in the stomach so bad that it hurts till now.

Nobody loves me!!!

Drishti wriggled in my hold when I walked up the stairs and asked one maid to open the door for us. On entering the room the first thing I did was closing the door and ordering the maid not to tell my brother or Lavanya about it, because she was just sleeping.

Gently placing her on the bed I sat on the floor beside her and watched her sleep.

Creepy dude, right.

I took her hand in mine and placed a kiss on her knuckles as I heard her murmur in sleep. Something she would do in frustration before waking up.

"Drishti, you up?" I whispered, caressing her head as she changed her position from upright to curled ball facing me. "Are you sleeping?"

I felt like typical brown parents who would wake their children up and ask them if they were sleeping.

I placed my hand on her cheek and held back the urge to kiss it. I guess I would probably end up getting slapped some day if I her sister could read thoughts.

"Drishti?" I whispered "Love?" I wanted her to get up and tell me she was okay. And after that she could do back to sleep. I had no problem with it :)

She groaned in her half-sleepy state and placed her hand over mine, still curling up. I wonder what's wrong-

Oh shoot-!

The air conditioner

I pulled the blanket over her so that she would stop shivering, and as expected her body relaxed in a few minutes. For someone who was impatient, I had done quiet a tremendous job by holding my hands back from waking her up and asking she was alright.

"Drishti?" I shook her shoulder for the last time, watched in horror as she opened her eyes and glared at me, her hair falling on her face ghastly.

"What?!" She yelled so loud that I wondered her lungs were okay or not.

"Are you okay?" Still determined.

"I am. But you are not going to be" she said calmly before giving me that one last look and holding my hand.

Not romantically but to hold me when she attacked.

"Drishti listen to me love, My intentions were good" I tried backing off but when I rose from my place, she got up from the bed too.

"Clearly you have a death wish, that's why you woke me up only to ask me if I was sleeping and I was okay" Shouldn't she be happy I cared for her? So much to ask her if she was alright.

"Love, listen to me"

"I hate you" she yelled and pounded at me to grab me. Being a half criminal, if I would be beaten up by a girl who cried over the death anniversary of her goldfish, it would be a shame.

I ran across the room in order to escape from her but she was fast enough to reach every corner I ran to hide. As I ran towards the bed and climbed it, Drishti held my leg and pulled it, making me fall. She took that opportunity to climb on my back and pin my hand back.

Where the hell she got that power from?

"Apologize" she yelled, pulling my hand back causing me immense pain.

"I'm sorry Drishti" I yelped in pain.

"For what?"

"Waking you up"

"Will you repeat it?"

"Never!" I yelled  and felt the ease when she left my hand and got off me.

"Better" she sighed and fell beside me, poking my stomach "Rakshit?"

"Now what?" That came as a reminder to her that I was still in pain. I turned my head towards her and watched her looking at me.

Without uttering a word

Something was not right

"Drishti are you okay?" I got up that instant and cupped her face. I heard her sigh before holding my hands on her cheeks and looking at the blanket. Taking it as a signal I pulled the blanket over her and waited for her reply.

"I'm scared" she said timidly. But if I compared it to her cries and her panic, I was amazed how she managed to divert her mind so well.

"I'm sorry love" It was my fault. I shouldn't have left her alone. If I would have been more careful, those bastards or whoever it was, wouldn't have dared look towards her.

"It wasn't your fault" I looked at her as she closed her eyes and moved around. "Can you lay down beside me?"

It wasn't the right time- but oh my god she just-

"Sure" I smiled at her and laid beside her. We corrected our posture and looked at each other for quiet some time.

She looked sad, and I never wanted her to be this way. Slowly I pulled her into my chest and wrapped her in my arms, caressing her hairs so that she could feel relaxed and have a sound sleep.

"Are you mad at me?" She questioned while sleeping.

"No, why did you ask though?"

"Because I didn't tell you the reason or what happened" she was burying her face in my neck and clutching my shirt, scared that I would be mad at her.

"No love, I'm not mad at you. And as far as whatever happened is concerned" I patted her head when she put her arms around me "I'm still patient enough to bear that"

But I don't know till how long.

Especially when that bastard in the basement was getting on my nerves.

I hope my anger due to him doesn't show up in front of Drishti.

And whoever made her cry, If I found him out, he better lived his best life before its over.