●Chapter 24●

Praniti's POV:

Sometimes you got to do the things you don't want to. This moment was one of those times for me.

"And behave. I don't want any problems Praniti" Sid acted like a teacher preparing his student for an upcoming exams.

"Will try to"

"I am serious Praniti, you and La never leave an opportunity. I just don't want any scene created because of both of you"

"You're talking as if La would ever listen to you. She hates the sight of more than she hates me Sid" Setting my hairs before ringing the doorbell to the Shergill mention, I gave him one last fake smile to ensure I would not start anything. But if anything started, I wouldn't mind reacting to it.

The door opened making me smile at how small the world was. In front of us stood Lavanya, returning the same fake smile. "So, you must be Siddharth and Praniti"

"Yeah, and you are?" I asked.

If someone asked who deserved the oscar for best acting, I would say the Mishras and the Sharmas. "Lavanya Sharma. Welcome to our house"

She stood aside and allowed us inside. The house looked- who cared about the house? My eyes searched for my second sister who would have just ran to hold me if situation was normal. Drishti had always been clingy and loving in nature. Maybe that was why my brother loved her more than me and Lavanya.

"Ah, Siddharth and Praniti Mishra" Rakshit stepped down the stairs and behind him was a super excited Drishti following him. "Good to have you here tonight" he shook hands with both of us before turning over to Drishti. "Drishti, this is Siddharth and this is his sister Praniti" as if we didn't know "And this" he pulled Drishti near him and she too stood blushing at his act "This is Drishti, the girl I love"

I tossed my eyes at his words and Drishti's way of blushing as if she wasn't used to the attention. Drishti was always the center of affection, especially from the family side.

She was always loved. I loved her too but the day I saw Siddharth loved her so much that he took her side when he shouldn't have, I started distancing myself from her. Everyone thought it was because Siddharth loved her more than me. It wasn't the reason. Even I loved Drishti more than I loved Sid. La loved her the same way.

Drishti was the youngest sibling, so the three of us showered her with immense love, we took care of her when our parents were away and even used to hang out with her when our families separated without asking us.

Grandpa died cuz of Sid and Lavanya hated Siddharth for tearing the family apart. Siddharth was fifteen, it was an accident. A pure accident. But because of Drishti we four would still secretly hang out so that we stayed together.

My mom and her dad were siblings. We all lived together as a happy family till grandpa's accident. La is elder to me but younger to Sid who is the eldest of us all. Lavanya hates Sid but we all know she would eventually give in to his love. Siddharth loves all his three sisters more than anything else. He would do anything for us, even of we stay mad at him.

Maybe if that day Drishti hadn't done that, everything would have been fine.

It was a normal day for all of us till we entered our hang out place where the dead body of our father and our uncle laid in front of us. A gun in Drishti's hand who was crying badly being held by Siddharth.

She had killed our father, yet Siddharth was by her side and always defended her. Drishti's life was in danger- our uncle was blood related to our dad because he was born to our paternal grandpa's second wife. His nephew was none other than Vicky Malhotra- Rakshit's cousin.

So Vicky's father was the man's brother who Drishti had killed. Now the Malhotra's were after her life. A stupid bond made her stay with Rakshit who was still tying the ties and searching the link.

A pretty fucked up way everyone was somehow bound to the situation.

"Hi Praniti" Drishti smiled and pulled me into a hug. It was so long that I felt her in my arms- my baby sister.

The longing to hold her back was hard but everytime I tried being gentle with her- the scene if my father's death would automatically flash in my mind and I would push her away.

"I missed u Praniti" she whispered in my ears before being pulled away by Lavanya.

"Don't give too much attention to those who won't understand" she told her.

Rakshit was talking to Siddharth so he didn't notice what had just happened. Drishti looked close to crying seeing me not responding to her as usual.

"Let's sit and have the dinner first, you guys took a lot of time. Drishti was complaining out of hunger" Rakshit said

"As usual" the words slipped from my mouth unintentionally. That rose some queries in Rakshit's mind which were clear from his face. "I mean girls complaining when they are hungry. Even I do this a lot"

"Oh. Ok" he replied. "Drishti, lets go. Come" he held her hand in his and lead her towards the table.

Rakshit's POV:

"Where's Aryan?" Siddharth asked me as we were walking towards the table. Praniti and Lavanya were walking behind us.

"He said he didn't want to come" Someone tell this girl to shut up.

"He's our guest Drishti. There's no need to be this frank" I whispered in her ear. She laughed a little before patting my arm.

"Don't worry. He won't mind it" as if she knew him.

Aryan's absence at the table would be a bother. I had requested him to come but he still didn't agree. Lavanya had gone to convince him too but he said he wasn't willing. My brother is a little stubborn you know.

As we reached the table I pulled out a chair for my lady seeing which Siddharth smiled. And I started believing in God since Lavanya smiled too.

Damn!

A gentle smile appeared on my face too as we all settled to have our dinner. The front seat that was Aryan's was still empty. Lavanya helped in serving the food even if there were caretakers for the purpose. As she passed me, she leaned to my ears and whispered

"I still don't approve of you"

That hurt

But what hurt more was that she threw the food in my plate when everybody else got it placed politely in their plates.

"I hate your sister" I whispered to Drishti.

She kicked my leg and glared at me for my words which were nothing but the truth. "Rakshit! She is my sister. You can't like me if you dislike her"

Woah, first of all I would be marrying you in future, not your sister that I needed to like her.

"Not happening"

"Then forget me too" I hated when she did this. She knew I would anything for her, and she knew that Lavanya and I couldn't stand each other for long.

"Can we talk about this later?"

"Yeah. But you won't say a word about La, okay?" Our heads were close to each other so she pointed her fork at me to warn me.

"Will see" I kissed her nose before pushing her head away with my spoon and focusing on our my dinner.

"I hate you" she whispered. I looked at her and saw her head bowed down and eyes fixed at her lap. The fork in her hands striking her plate impatiently, syncing with the shaking of her leg.

I just realized.

We were not alone at the table.

Siddharth was looking at our faces like he wanted to say something but he didn't.

I swear if he laid his eyes on her- the deal was over. His gaze seemed to be decent- which was saving him till now.

But nobody was saving me from the beast near me tonight.

It was clear from the fork that was plunged into my thigh causing pain but no major wound.