Walking

CHAPTER FIVE
~
Walking

CHAPTER FIVE~Walking

~

Alexa helped Daniel get back into his hospital bed. He looked like he was completely exhausted as he laid down on his pillow.

"I'll let you get some sleep." Alexa whispers as his eyes are struggling to stay open.

"Stay." Daniel whispers as he grabs her hand gently.

Alexas eyes flickered to his hand holding hers causing butterflies to swarm in her stomach.

"I don't think I should...." Alexa muttered as she looked at the door.

Daniel gently grabbed her waist with his hand leading her body onto the bed. Alexa gave in as Daniel wrapped his arms around her and pulled the blanket over both of them. Alexas eyes were still on the door because she knew she needed to go but she was tired and Daniel was holding onto her so tightly and it felt so calming. Alexa nervously rested her head on Daniels chest as she could hear his soft breathing. She had never wanted to be so close to someone before. She felt him gently caressing her arm with his fingers as he moved his hand back and forth. It was like he was comforting her even though he was the one that was injured. That simple gesture made her heart hurt as he continued to caress her arm sending soothing vibes through her body. Daniel felt his test tighten as Alexa slowly placed her head on his shoulder. He loved the way she felt laying on his chest like it was as if she belonged there. She had to leave to check on another patient making Daniel pout his lip at her.

"I can't stay.... I don't want to loose my job." Alexa tells him softly as she gets up.

Daniel sighs in annoyance as the bed feels cold and lonely without her presence in it.

The next night Alexa rushed into Daniels room because he had pressed the button over and over again. She flung open the door causing her eyes to land on Daniels body sprawled out on the ground. Most patients would be crying or yelling but Daniel Seavey was laughing his ass off.

"I've fallen and I can't get up!" He yelled dramatically as he started laughing even harder.

"Daniel James Seavey!" Alexa screamed as she walked over to him.

"You know my middle name?" Daniel replied sarcastically.

"You are such an idiot." Alexa muttered in disbelief as she knelt down onto the ground.

"I'll just keep falling!" Daniel sang loudly.

Alexa shook her head as she laughed. She placed Daniels arm on her shoulder for support as she helped him stand up and led him back to his bed.

"What happened?" Alexa asked him sharply.

"Well.... I wanted to walk around but then I fell." Daniel replies innocently as he smiles at her.