Scared

CHAPTER FOURTEEN

~

Scared

~

Silence. Alexa was used to Daniel Seavey never shutting up. It would hurt her head with the amount of yelling he would normally do. In that moment she just wanted him to say anything. She sat next to his hospital bed in a very uncomfortable chair. She hadn't gone home in days. She just sat there staring at his lifeless figure. His friends and family came in and out but he didn't wake up from the coma he was in. Corbyn told Alexa she needed sleep but her dreams were haunted with the image of her dead brother and how Daniel resembled the exact expression on his face. Corbyn forced her to eat.... tried to force her to go home but she wouldn't. She refused to leave Daniels side. She remained clinging onto his hand unless she had to get him medicine when she was on duty.

She couldn't help but think about how it seemed like they had gone backwards. He had just gotten out of the hospital. The worst part was supposed to be over. She had never even kissed him and she feared he was going to die. And it was all her fault.

"You can't give up..... you can't die.....not when I haven't even gotten to fully know you." Alexa whispered to him as she rested her head on his chest.

She could feel the slow beating of his heart as she felt tears fall down her face.

"I love you." She whispered as she pushed her head up.

She placed a soft kiss on his cheek. The kiss was innocent but it still sent butterflies through her stomach. She stared at his face as she realized she was going to lose another person.

"I knew you loved me." Daniel whispered in a hoarse voice.

Alexas whole face lit up as Daniels eyes fluttered open. A weak smile formed on his face as he gently squeezed her hand. Alexa didn't know what came over her as she climbed on him and embraced him in a hug. Daniel groaned in pain as she clung onto him.

"Sorry..." Alexa stuttered as she realized she was being too aggressive.

"I know you love me but.... you're gonna kill me!" Daniel yells as she squeezes him.

"Oops......" Alexa stuttered as she quickly got off of him.

"You scared the crap out of me! Don't ever do that again!" Alexa yelled as she smacked his arm.

"Owww...... Sorry... I won't almost die next time." Daniel replies sarcastically as he grabs his chest in pain.

"I thought I was gonna.... that you were gonna.... I couldn't lose you." Alexa stutters as tears form in her eyes.