The Bright Lights

CHAPTER NINE
~
The Bright Lights

CHAPTER NINE~The Bright Lights

~

"You're cheating." Alexa huffed in annoyance as Daniel moved his game piece ahead of hers.

"How could I be cheating.... how does someone cheat at this game?" Daniel replied sharply as he gestured to the game board.

They were playing "Life" and Daniel was way ahead of Alexa. Alexa spun the spinner before moving her car ahead more spaces. Daniel went next and he landed on the get married space.

"Let me put my hot wife in the car!" Daniel yelled in an excited tone.

"Who's your wife? A Kardashian?" Alexa asked him jokingly.

"Nah it's you." Daniel replied softly as he focused on putting the pink character into his car.

Alexas eyes widened at his response as her face felt extremely hot.

"Like I would ever marry you." Alexa teases him as she spins the wheel.

"Shut up.... I know you love me." Daniel taunts her.

Alexa shakes her head as she moves her car further on the board.

"Yay.....I got married!" Alexa yells as she grabs a blue character to put in her car.

"To me of course." Daniel replies flirtatiously as he looks up at her.

She rolls her eyes as she looks up at him. The moment their eyes met Alexa felt a tug in her heart before she quickly looked away from him. They both reached for the wheel causing their hands to collide. Daniel felt chills run through his arms the moment she touched him.

"It's my turn loser!" Daniel yells at her.

"Sheesh.... sorry." Alexa replies sarcastically.

"Ayoooo...... looks like we're having twins." Daniel says in an excited tone.

He looks like a happy little child as he puts a blue and pink character into his car. He has a smile stuck on his face as he looks up at Alexa.

"You're staring." Daniel teases her as he watches her cheeks get red before she quickly looked away.

"Would you wanna have kids when you are older?" Alexa asked him curiously as she spun the wheel.

"Yeah.... whenever I find the right girl." Daniel tells her softly as he gently places his hand on her thigh.

Alexas eyes flicker to his hand before quickly looking away. He made butterflies enter her stomach with just the simple feeling of his hand on her leg.