The Stupid Drunk

TWENTY EIGHT

~

The Stupid Drunk

~

Alexa was working a night shift at the hospital when her phone wouldn't stop ringing. All of her family and friends knew not to call her at night unless it was an emergency. She grabbed her phone out of her pocket and the caller ID popped up as Corbyn. Alexa rolled her eyes as she had a feeling it was going to be about something stupid.

"This better be important." Alexa huffed into the phone.

"Hey Alexa... I love youuuu...." Corbyn slurred as he started giggling.

"Are you drunk?" Alexa asked him in disbelief.

"Well... yeah..." Corbyn replied back in a childlike voice.

"Is that the reason you called me?" Alexa asks him in an annoyed tone.

"Well... no.... we are all drunk... and Daniel said he wanted to go for a walk and find you... but... he hasn't come back and he left his phone and wallet here... all of us are too drunk to drive and look for him so I was kinda hoping he was with you..." Corbyn said in a serious tone.

"Are you kidding me? Why would you let him walk around when he was drunk?" Alexa asked him angrily.

"Well... to be honest with you... that part of the night is kinda a blur and nobody was sober enough to stop him." Corbyn says in a guilty tone.

"I'll get in my car and go look for him..." Alexa mutters as she nervously runs a hand through her hair.

"You're the best... call me when you find him." Corbyn says in a hopeful tone.

Alexa hangs up as she feels very anxious. What if Daniel was passed out in a ditch somewhere? What if he was lost in the woods? What if he got hit by a car because he was too drunk to watch where he was going? A million worried thoughts clouded Alexas mind as she grabbed her purse and rushed out of the hospital. She drove way over the speed limit as she headed to Daniels house. It was very dark and hard to see. She tried to see if he was walking on the side of the road or sitting in the middle of the street. A figure appeared right in front of her car causing her to scream as she slammed on the brakes. She felt like she had a mini heart attack as she quickly got out of the car.

"Oh my God! Did I hit you?" She asked the person nervously as she walked over to them.

When she got closer to them she was able to see their face and immediately recognized them.