Chapter 6: A stupid dinner date

"I wasn't. He was my best friend's boyfriend and that's all there was. Shall we leave, now? I don't want you to get drunk like the last time."

Tine's POV

Sarawat's demeanour had suddenly changed and he had started to look colder than I had ever seen him. I had no idea what had happened with Kao in the past that his one phone call ruined Sarawat's mood completely, but I did know that I absolutely did want to care about his past.

"I won't get drunk like the last time Sarawat. Lets stay and finish our dinner, shall we?"

"I don't feel like eating." Sarawat pushed his plate away and tried to get up when I pulled him by his arm and made him sit back down in his chair.

"Sit down and finish your dinner. We will leave when we are done."

That's when Sarawat's phone started ringing again and he looked even more distraught now. But all he did was stare at his phone screen. So, I had it what I had to do. I took his phone from him, disconnected the call and switched off his phone.

"Tine just please..."

"Sarawat there is food on your plate that you liked until a minute ago. I don't know what your deal with Kao is or why you are suddenly so pissed, but is he really more important to you than your first meal of the day after a long day at work?"

Sarawat was still staring at his phone as he spoke up. "No.. no he is not more important to me than this dinner with you."

I raised my eyebrows, trying to understand what he means. "Okay... then eat your food. We will leave when you are done eating."

But just as started to dig into my food, Sarawat spoke up again. "How do you know this is my first meal of the day?"

"What?"

"How did you know I skipped lunch today?"

"I—I.. keep a track of what all the team members do all day. Its literally a part of my job."

Sarawat smiled. "Really? And here I was thinking you actually look out for me everyday and care about me."

"Pfttt.. why would I care about you, Sarawat?"

Sarawat moved forward in his seat and whispered "Because you secretly like me a .. lot?"

I huffed in frustration. "So, I was right, huh? You do like to make up weird romantic fanstasies in your head when you are bored."

"Its really not a fantasy if its true, right?"

"Have I mentioned that I hate you Sarawat?"

Sarawat smiled and took a bite out of his food. "Have I mentioned that I love the food here? I was an idiot for trying to leave."

"Yes, you have mentioned and yes you are an idiot. Now finish up your food already."

We paid the bill at the restaurant and walked outside towards the parking where Sarawat had parked his car. We made it a thing to take one car when we went to try out restaurants. I was just surprised that Sarawat had finally ditched his usual sports car for a more modest car — or may be he wasn't using a sports car because he didn't want anyone in the company to know who he really was. A normal marketing associate would never be able to afford the kind of cars Sarawat drove back in college.

"Tine, should I drop you back to office so you can take your car from there?"

"No need. My car isn't at the office. Its at the mechanics. I'll just take a taxi from here"