Chapter 8: So much for summer love

"What keeps following you?"

"The past."

/

/

/

/

Tine's POV

The next morning, I felt Sarawat fidgeting next to me. He had thrown the blanket that I had tucked him in and now he was trying to steal mine. This man, I swear to god..

"Sarawat.." I whispered, still in my sleep, still not opening my eyes. "Pick up your own blanket and get away from me."

That's when Sarawat woke. "Tine...what the hell?" I opened my eyes and saw Sarawat staring at me, but all I could see in his eyes was fear and confusion.

"Sarawat, what's.."

"No. No. No." He was so visibly shaken looking at me that he fell right off the bed and on to the floor. "God Tine, where am I? What did I do last night?"

I sat up on the bed with frustration. "Good that you wake up, but why are you on the floor, Wat?"

"What did I do last night, Tine? Did I do anything too inappropriate? Did I force myself into your room? Did I force myself on you? Oh god. Oh god. Oh god." Sarawat had his hands in his hairs with his eyes closed and he shaking now. "I am so sorry Tine.. I am just so sorry. I know don't I deserve anything in life."

"Wait wait hang on.. what the hell are you talking about? Wat, god at least put on some clothes and cover yourself with a blanket. You are shivering Wat."

I got up from the bed, picked up the blanket, to put it over Wat's back. He wasn't wearing any shirt and I was too afraid he might be shivering with the air conditioning in the room. But just as I tried to put the blanket over him, he flinched and moved away from me, looking very scared and sombre.

"Whats wrong Wat?" I kneeled down and sat on the floor in front of him. "Did you have a bad dream?"

"What happened last night, Tine? Why are you not telling me? You can just be honest with me and tell me all the mistakes that I made. .You don't have to pretend to be so nice to me."

At this point, I was still confused. "I am not pretending to be nice to you, Wat. I am worried about you because you are behaving very, very weirdly. I just want to put this blanket over your shoulders because you are shivering, Wat. Can I?"

Sarawat just nodded silently and I finally wrapped him in the blanket nicely — but he was still shaken and shivering.

"Did you have a nightmare? Did something bad happen last night before you came to my room, Wat?"

Sarawat looked up. "Why am I a shirt? And why are you not wearing a shirt? Just tell me what happened Tine.. I did something bad to you, didn't I?"

I couldn't help but laugh. "Of course you did something bad. You showed up at my door all drunk last, and then you threw up all over me and then all over my bed.

You are not wearing any clothes because you threw up on your clothes. I am not wearing any clothes because you threw up on me and then got me all wet when I was trying to force you into the shower. I had to call housekeeping in the middle of the night just to get the bed and the room cleaned. By the end of it all, I was so tired, exhausted, and sleepy that I couldn't even care about grabbing a shirt for you.. or for me."

"God, Tine, I am so stupid, I can't believe I troubled you so much. I always end up making mistakes and—"

Tine cupped Sarawat's cheeks to calm him down and looked into his eyes. "There is only one mistake you made last night, and that was not showing up for our dinner on time"