Chapter 7: My boyfriend has a short temper

"You just said you didn't have time to go on stupid dinner dates with me in college, which I am okay with now, considering how busy you were back then. So.. do you have time to go on stupid dinner dates with me now?"

"WHAT?"

"WHAT?"

Tine's POV

God dammit, what did I just say?

"Did I say dates? I didn't mean it like a date-- date. I just meant it like a dinner thing. You know like a dinner."

"Oh.." Sarawat was smirking at me again and I wanted to kill him right in this restaurant. "So, a date is like a dinner.. that we are having right now? So according to you, we are on a date right now? Damn, I am sorry for being so underdressed for our date Tine, if only I knew, I would have put more effort into it."

"Shut up Sarawat!"

"Hey! You promised to call me Wat when I helped you get out of my house."

"Well you were also the one who literally put me in that house while I was drunk."

"I had to take your drunk ass somewhere, and let me remind you, you had a pretty comfortable sleep that night — after taking my shirt off. You were literally snoring."

"I WAS NOT"

"YES YOU WERE!"

"Umm.. excuse me." It was the waitress who was looking at us very weirdly now. "Fighting is not allowed in this restaurant. Also, here's your bill."

"No, wait we weren't fighting—"

"Hey, I am really sorry" Sarawat interrupted. "My boyfriend gets a bit feisty from time to time."

"Sarawat, I swear I'll kill you." I banged my hands on the table in sheer anger.

"Come on, babe. You know how I feel about public fights. Let's go home and talk it out okay? We are disturbing other people here."

"SARAWAT!!!"

"I am really sorry about his behavior. He is a bit short tempered, but deep, deep down, he is a really sweet guy." Sarawat shook his head and took out his wallet to pay the bill. And I — I just decided to get up and leave the restaurant without even waiting for him, because I was that frustrated with him.

Sarawat came running outside after a few minutes just as I reached the car. "Hey! Why did you leave me behind?"

"Oh are you talking to me now? The guy with a rather short temper?"

"--who is also very sweet deep down. Didn't you hear the whole thing?"

"I am leaving. You can take a taxi from here to get back to the office. Also, make sure you prepare a report for this restaurant. It should be on my desk Monday morning."

"What? Tine, its already Friday night. I am going with you to the conference. How am I supposed to find time to finish this report over the weekend?"

"That seems like a 'you' problem that I don't care enough about."

"You are being too petty, Teepakorn."

"I am sorry I can't hear you over all of my 'short temper.'"

/

/

/

"Wait why are our rooms on the opposite ends of the hotel, Tine?"

We had already landed in Pattaya an hour ago and by this point, all I wanted to do was find a bed and catch up on some sleep. We had to get an early morning flight from Bangkok just to get here on time and Sarawat's incessant talking on the plane did not help my sleep deprived state, at all. I had honestly never been this excited to reach a god damn business hotel.