Chapter 11:You must like me for me💋

I looked down at the ground, trying very, very hard to get my smile and now the obvious blush under control, but nothing was really working. Finally, looked up. "Okay, but only because I am hungry, really feel like watching a movie tonight."

Tine's POV

Sarawat took the driver's seat in my car and drove us somewhere far out in the city, refusing to tell me where we were going. He drove the car through many small lanes which finally opened up to a river-side restaurant. As we entered the place, I saw the city lights reflecting on water, and back onto Sarawat's smiling face. Was his smile always this bright or had I never noticed it before?

The waiter brought us to a corner table, which was clearly a little small for the both of us. So, we sat there huddled on the table, trying to fit in, and our knees touched ever so slightly.

"How did you even know about this place? I have never heard of it." I finally spoke up, trying to find a way to stop thinking about the fact that Sarawat's knees were still touching mine.

"Me neither, actually. Phukong told me about it. He said the food here was good."

"Oh. So, did we come here because you wanted to check this out for the Beer Festival?"

Sarawat stared at me with furrowed brows. "No, of course not. The restaurants for the Beer Festival were already finalized last week. We came here because I wanted to have a dinner with you, Tine Teepakorn. Three years too late, but at least we are here."

He smiled at me, and I could feel my heart melting. I hadn't realised how much I had missed Sarawat until now.

I looked down at the table, trying to hide my obvious flush, and flipped through the menu instead. "Shall we order some food? I am really hungry. Did Phukong recommend something here?"

"He said the steak was nice. Let me call the waiter"

Just as Sarawat signalled the waiter, my phone rang. It was mom.

Picking up the phone, I put it on my ear. "Hey mom! I am outside right now.

.

No. Not in the office. Just out for dinner. I'll call when I get home okay? Did you have dinner already?

.

Mom, you should just eat already. Don't wait up for Type, you know he gets late with work sometimes.

.

Mom you don't need to wait up for him-- Okay fine, I'll call you when I get home, mom. Bye."

I put down my phone and looked up at Sarawat, who was still smiling at me. "Sorry. Let's order?"

Sarawat gave out the food order for both of us and I decided to order a drink. I needed something to calm my nerves. I couldn't just sit here so close to Sarawat, with him just staring me down.

"Can you also get me a Whisky? May be Irish?"

"Sure, Sir" The waiter turned to Sarawat. "Whisky for you too, sir?"

"Ah. No. Just a National Beer. Thanks." Sarawat replied.

Come to think of it, Sarawat only ever drank beer, whenever we went out. Not just because we were searching for good restaurants for the Beer Festival, but he always consciously only drank beer. I assumed it was mostly because he grew up learning about different beers and drinking beers. I mean his father did own one of the biggest beer breweries in the world, it would be natural for him to drink beer. But what he said in Phuket when he was drunk really bothered me.