Chapter 13:Stolen kisses, pretty lies💋

"Seriously, how tired were you?" I lowered down the TV volume, ran my fingers through his ears, and the only thing I could hear was the song playing in the background.

Tine's POV

Before I could even open my eyes, I felt excruciating pain in my neck and I was sweating — It almost felt like I was wrapped around in a really big, warm blanket. But when I opened my eyes, I finally realised, there was no blanket at all. I had slept right next to Sarawat on my own sofa.

Startled by our faces touching and his arms wrapped around me, I tried to get away, but instead, fell right down the sofa and onto the floor.

My lower back painfully banged right on the floor, and I almost screamed, but thankfully I put a hand over my mouth just in time so as to not wake Sarawat up.

When I finally got up from the damn floor, I checked the time, it was only 7:30am. No wonder, Sarawat was sleeping like a rock. Cranked up the AC and brought out some pillows and blanket for Sarawat. Finally, I went inside to freshen up and make coffee for myself.

One hour late, I was done with my coffee, I had read the whole damn newspaper, and Sarawat was still somehow sleeping, in fact he was snoring now. So, I just sat there in the living room, in the chair right opposite him, staring at his face. He did look a little cute when he quiet and not throwing around his stupid pick up lines.

I don't know how long I just sat like that until I realised Sarawat was finally waking up. Like a reflex, I quickly grabbed a book from the table and started pretending to read it.

"Hey you." Sarawat called me out in his drowsy and cute morning voice.

"Oh hey" I looked up from the book. "Sorry I didn't realise you woke up. Good morning." I smiled.

"Yeah it does feel like a good morning, waking up and seeing you. I am sorry I ruined movie night. God, I was so tired, I didn't even realised when I slept."

"That's okay. The movie was really good, actually. I watched it completely after you slept. I hope you slept well though?"

Sarawat looked around at the sofa and blanket, that I had covered him with and smiled. "Tine Teepakorn, I come to your house, bring you food, feed you ice cream, show you a really good movie on TV... and you-- you didn't even care enough to let me sleep in the bed? You literally left me to sleep on the sofa?"

"What was I supposed to do? Carry you to the bed? No offense, but you are too heavy."

"Wow.. or you could have just slept here with me to keep me company."

I chuckled. "Sleep on that sofa with you and crank my neck? No thanks, I slept comfortably on my bed last. You should just be thankful I gave you pillows and blankets" I tried to laugh extra hard, still feeling the painful strain on the left side of his neck, and wishing I could have at least used a pillow instead of just lying down on Sarawat's arm.

Sarawat looked away, spacing out. "But—but, I remember feeling like I was hugging someone last night, like there was someone right next to me. I really thought it was you. Were you really in the bedroom?"

"Oh, that was just the friendly ghost in the apartment. He's harmless, but he likes hugging people sometimes."

"WHAT?" Sarwat sat straight up on the sofa and stared at me with wide eyes.

"Sarawat, are you seriously scared of ghosts?"

"No. No..." Sarawat laughed nervously. "I am not scared of ghosts — because ghosts don't exist okay? They don't exist. I am right, right?"